Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rockin' Night with Tomlin

Tonight was an AMAZING night! Instead of having church we had a night of worship. Our worship leader Chris Tomlin just released a new CD last Tuesday, "See the Morning". He will be starting his tour this week and he decided to have a night of worship with his church family as a send off into his tour. For two hours we worshipped God. I could have kept going! I think my body is going to be sore tomorrow! If you get a chance to see him on his tour, check it out! His music is incredible and he is so humble, it's not about him singing, it's about worshipping Jesus. It has been so humbling to be a part of this church and to think that the songs that Chris is singing and recording started out here at this church. It has been an honor to be some of the first ones to be blessed by them.
At the end of the night our pastor, Matt Carter, and also a close friend of Chris', Louie Giglio (Lou Gigs)
came and lead us in prayer over the band. It was very cool. Spending the evening singing to God, made me much more in love with Jesus. It was such a great night. I wanted to pray right now for Chris and the band...join with me and keep praying for these guys!

Lord, I pray that Your glory would abound across the nation! Lord, be powerful, and use these guys to proclaim Your name. Thank You that You have given Chris words to sing,thank You for the songs that You have given him that have been instruments in the church, and thank you for the impact that he has had all across the world, take these guys and move people's hearts to know You more. Lord I pray that Your Spirit would be evident and that He would move and dance in those places where they will be worshipping You. I pray for
strength for Chris and the band, that You would give them endurance to do show after show. Lord, I pray that they would cry out to You, knowing that You are the one singing and playing through them, Lord I pray that they would be dependant on You and not on themselves. Lord I pray that lives would radically change, that people would come to these concerts and that the power of Your Spirit would break down walls, and strongholds, and that people would come to know You and experience You in freedom. Lord thank You for their ministry. Bless them in abundance, and I pray that when people see them that they would would be small and You would be BIG!! Great are You Lord! I pray these things in the name of Jesus Christ for Your glory and Your will to be done!
AMEN!!

**the picture was not from the concert tonight, it was a picture I found online.**

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

sweet, sweet worship...

davenportdiocese said...

ahhhh...wish i was there. love it!