Sunday, October 29, 2006

Melody Update

Here is a picture of Hilary, Melody and I at the baptism last weekend. The more I get to know Melody, the more amazed I am of her strength. November 1st she is having a bilateral masectomy. It was originally supposed to be just one, but with the confirmation from the doctors and from God, Melody decided to go ahead with the bilateral. I talked with her tonight and she shared that a couple of years ago she prayed that God would use her and her weaknesses for His glory and that His strength would be made perfect in her weaknesses. She said that she has to trust that this is what God is doing. He is wanting to be strong in this weakness. She said that the hardest part is still yet to come. After her surgery she will start chemo. PLEASE pray for her. Pray that God's will would be done. Pray that most of all His glory would be made perfect in her weaknesses, and that His name would be made known through this situation. Pray that Melody would feel God's love in this, and that she would be reminded that He loves her so much more deeply than she can comprehend.
The Race for the Cure is this Sunday. Depending on how Melody is feeling after her surgery she said that she might walk it! We will walk it together!
I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I reached my goal to raise $200! So I raised my goal to $400 knowing that this money is going to help lots of women get free mammograms and education and eventually a cure. If you would like to contribute go to my personal page.
Check out this precious blog post and picture of Dian and her grandaughter Eden. Dian passed away from breast cancer and is one of the reasons I am doing this race. She was an amazing woman who has left a BEAUTIFUL legacy in her family.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

She's an inspiration. We talked about what it means to "worship" the Lord at our Bible Study on Sunday...it's not just singing like most of us think it is, but it is fully giving yourself to Him in everything. By what I have read I feel like I can truly say Melody worships the Lord. Praise God for her example and may she continue to be an encouragement to others.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Melody is in my prayers. What an example of grace she is. It sounds like from everything you've told us that she's finding God's peace and even able to find humor in her circumstances. She reminds me of a Christian fiction book I just finished reading called "Reconstructing Natalie." The author's last name is Walker.

Anonymous said...

Are you wet in this picture, and if so, did you get baptized?!

emily said...

Melody had her surgery today. I will keep you updated on how everything went. Thanks for praying for her and I'm thankful that her life is encouraging you!
Jill- does it look like I was wet?!!?! No I did not get baptized! That is hilarious? What part of me looks wet to you?! There are shadows from the tree on me, my hair? It may be just the goop?! That is so funny! It was hot, and I was sweating a little?!