Saturday, October 28, 2006

Even in junk...I'm still loved

So I need to catch y'all up with my life. I have not been blogging in a week.
So last Tuesday I met with Denise for lunch and we are going to be meeting every Tuesday to live life together. I had gotten to a point in my life where I am realizing lots of strongholds and lots of junk in my life. It seems I've let some areas of my life get a little out of control. We have been talking about community in church and talking about how important it is to have people in your life that you can let in on those things in your life that you don't want anyone to know about, or those things in your life that need to be dealt with. I have been praying for someone like that here in Austin, someone that will get into my life, even in the junk and love on me, and even love me enough to speak hard truth into my life and ask me hard questions. I had the privledge of meeting with Sharon, back in Iowa, for a couple of years. She took me into her family and her family became my 2nd family. I miss them and I miss our times of sharing and doing life together.
It has been amazing how God has answered that prayer and has provided an amazing woman who is going to be investing in my life. Denise and her family took Hilary and I in when we first moved to Austin, when we had no jobs, no place to live four days before we were to move!!! I saw her live her life as a wife, a mother, a friend, a woman who is in love with Jesus...for two months! I have learned so much from her and I'm excited to have this weekly time with her to be taught, to be challenged and to be shaped into who God wants me to be. It freaks me out to think of being that vulnerable with someone...to let them in on all of the ugly stuff that no one else sees. But because it freaks me out and it makes me feel uncomfortable...I know that it's supposed to be. It's a good thing...to let someone in on the junk and still be loved.

No comments: