Sunday, October 29, 2006

Meal Update


So here is an update on the meals! Hilary cooked Oven Baked Chicken with a cauliflower dish and zucchini. The chicken was AWESOME! I wasn't a huge fan of the cauliflower dish. It had a bunch of different spices in it and dates. I'm not a date lover...or am I?!?

Then I cooked Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells with Cheddar Bay Biscuits and a salad. It was VERY good! We are trying to cook healthy stuff so all of our recipes that we have been doing are either healthy, low-fat recipes or weight watchers recipes. We have been pleasantly surprised how good they have tasted and they are healthy! YEAH! Although you could definitely tell with the biscuits.

Tonight Hilary made her famous "Poppyseed Chicken", but since we are trying to eat healthy she tried making it with low-fat stuff. We thought, for sure, that it would not be as good as the real thing. But, again, we were pleasantly surprised!! It was INCREDIBLE!!! I think it's one of my favorites!! I didn't get a picture of it. But let me know if y'all want the recipe. Delicious!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Hey Em- I have a sick baby so I am up checking oyur blog:) yeah...I have noticed that you haven't written for a while..thought you gave up on blogging:) By the way, I want recipes!!! The chicken thing too. It looks so good. Hope to see you during Thanksgiving. Good to hear about Denise. Love ya

Kelli B said...

em - would you send me the recipe for ALL These? The oven baked chicken, the spinach stuffed pasta, and the poppey seed chicen?

please??

i need to email you soon - we need to catch up. i'm sorry i've been so distant..not on purpose...just have not been good at taking intiative to sit down and write you. i'm sorry!

The Foster Family said...

hey em! i want that chicken poppy seed recipe, too! matt and i were talking about going to austin this weekend, but it didn't work out. hopefully we'll be able to at some point, though! i've been cooking alot more, too. it's so fun! today i made chicken stew from scratch w/o a recipe. it turned out good. soups are easy to do that with. i'll stop rambling now...