Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Do the Hula


Last night after we got everything unloaded, unpacked a few boxes, and got cleaned up, we met The Stephen's family at Hula Hut. It's a TexMex place that sits out on Lake Austin. It was a beautiful night and we had so much fun hanging out!







Holland decided that since she was going to be meeting Hilary's parents for the first time, she wanted to wear her ballerina outfit to dinner! I LOVE her!













Since we had about a 45 minute wait the boys were getting restless and doing things like this...they are so funny! Very entertaining!











This is Denise. I am amazed by her everyday. She has taught me so much. I think back 4 days before Hilary and I were going to move here and we still didn't have a place to stay. CRAZY! Denise and her family took us in, hardly knowing us, but willing to open up their home and their family to us. I have developed such a love for her and her family. It is sad that we won't be living there anymore...for many reason...the laughs, Denise's home-cooking, Duck, Duck, Goose...sardines...hokey pokey, Connor and Soren and their goofiness, George and his "If I were a rich man..." song and dance, the talks about Jesus, sharing a bathroom with two little guys, "Friends forever...awwwe!", boys running through the house, a little girl riding her bike through the house, George reading the paper, me almost peeing my pants, Hilary's face mask.
I will cherish that time spent there, and I'm thankful that we are only 15 minutes away.

Jake and Connor at dinner. Jake has been such a sweet friend. He and Hilary grew up together and lived kiddy corner, not caddy corner, to each other. Now they are living in the same place! Some of you probably remember the story about this friend in our story about coming to Austin. It has been great having him here to look out for us!




Sweet, sweet Holland!
We have this thing that we do together, and we look at each other and grab each others hands and say at the same time, "Friends forever...Awwwe!"







George, Soren and Denise. Soren is "on" all the time. He likes to entertain!










Hilary's dad is a beekeeper! So he brought some Iowa honey for the family. Here is Soren giving it a kiss!
It was such a fun night!





As we were leaving Holland asked me, "Are you coming back to my house?" and I said, "No, Hilary and I have our own place now, and we are going to go there to sleep now." She said, "Well, you can come and see me at my house." and I said, "Yup! We'll come back and visit you at your house!" It was so precious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cool family God placed in your lives! you really will be "friends forever....awww" how special!

davenportdiocese said...

what a blessing to have another family in your life, em! fun times...wow, settling down in your own place may get boring now. not! just more party space. well, we love ya and are so happy that you are happy there in large land.

Anonymous said...

I bet our kids would have a blast together! Whenever Sam sees pics of these 3 kids, he's always intrigued and asks me who they are and laughs at their silliness.

emily said...

Jill-I would love for the Stephen's kids to meet the Brown's and McCarraghers! What a blast!!! Maybe y'all need to come and visit!!