Monday, October 09, 2006

Melted Undies and Leather Chairs

Tonight was our first night of doing laundry at our apartment. I have never done laundry in an actual laundry machine. It was funny when Hilary and I were running around finding as many quarters as we could. Quarters are going to be priceless things these days.
We met a lady that was finishing up her laundry, her name is Sissy. She warned us to not put the dryer on high because it melts your clothes. She shared a story about her undies melting in the dryer and how she had to call in for help! We are thankful for the warning!

I started my new job today. It went well. I get my own desk and a leather chair! yes, it's true...a leather chair! Something I had always dreamed of at the Pediatric Clinic that I was working at in Iowa. So when I saw that I actually had one, I had to chuckle inside! Also, we have jean day on Fridays! That makes me very excited also!

7 comments:

davenportdiocese said...

sweet! i have a leather chair just like yours, too. when you're back in IC, i'll have to give you a tour of my little RH office. How was your first day?? I wish you could go with us to chitown too!!! not sure i can mosh it up though, but i will support anyone else who wants to. :-)

davenportdiocese said...

oh yal..i love the title on this blog. lol!

Anonymous said...

"laundry machine" WHAT?!?!
I suppose they have something bigger and better in Texas to wash clothes in? I mean if it can melt your undies!! You girls make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I am so excited for you and your adventures in Texas. Man, Austin is the best city ever, hands down. Like Jonathan said, it's awesome to see what God is doing in your life. It's amazing that He has not only given us eternal life, but then pours out blessings on top of that! He is a GREAT God! :)

Anonymous said...

I, as well, was shocked when reading the title of this blog, not knowing what to expect. I was picturing you in a leather chair with that very hot Texas sun and then...well you can figure out the rest of the story!!! Yikes!!! I'm anxious to hear about your new job and your new love for Economics, hee, hee.

Kelli B said...

i'm a bit jealous of that leather chair! :)

emily said...

Sharon-Way to go on the leather chair! That's the only way to go...I won't go back!:)
Carrie-Yup, everything's bigger and better! If better means, melting your undies!
Windham Familia-HEY! It's good to hear from you!! I would love to chat more! Shoot me an email!
Laura-You crack me up!