Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Some Things that I am Very Excited About

There are some things that I am very excited about lately.
#1. I am going to go home for Thanksgiving. I have not bought my plane ticket yet, but I am going to and I can't wait!!!! I miss my family so much and can't wait to see them all. I'm not excited about the cold though. (It was 92 today in Austin! YEAH!)



#2. My good friends Christy and AJ are coming to visit!!!!!!!!
They are coming at the beginning of December. I am so excited!! It will be so much fun!!!!!




#3. Our neighbors, Matt and Erin. They are a young couple that live above us and are christians. They are so sweet! They came to the Chris Tomlin night of worship at my church and we have gone over a couple of times and gotten to know them. They are so sweet and so cute. I am not only thankful that they are a brother and sister but I am also so thankful that we have a lot of things in common. They are fun. They brought us cookies on Sunday, and Hilary has a rule that when someone brings you something, you don't give them the plate back empty. So they had been admiring our glass vases with beans and flowers and so this is what we put on the plate.




#4. I bought a pineapple at the store. An actual pineapple. I'm not quite sure how to do it. But it looks really fun!


#5. Our apartment, our neighborhood, this city.
I went for a walk today after work and I not only LOVED the fact that I was in shorts and a tank top, but I LOVED walking through our neighborhood. It was such a beautiful night and there were so many people out going for walks, walking their dogs, going to the park with their kids. It was so fun to look at all of the unique houses throughout the neighborhood. I could seriously live in this part of town for the rest of my life! I love Austin.

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

that's awesome! So here's what i learned about having a pineapple...

you should let it ripen up. Let it sit for a day or two, then turn it upside down. Let it sit that way for a day. This will help the juices evenly distribute throughout the pineapple. Then when it's ripe, and you slice into it, it will be yummy and delicious!

I bought a pineapple once and it was so rock solid and light yellow and nasty. I learned this trick from Mike, a guy i work with. And it worked! Just give it some time to ripen up.

THere's my 2 cents worth! :)

ps - i'm gleaning that lesson from Hilary...to never return a plate empty but with something in it! Thanks!

emily said...

Miss- I am not sure when I am coming back through KC. I will probably fly for Christmas too. You guys need to come and visit!!
Kelli-
That's awesome! How do you know when it is ripe? And how do you cut it?
This is fun!