Sunday, August 06, 2006

We're Here!

We're in Austin!! What an amazing adventure so far! We left on Friday morning after some hard goodbyes to my family and we stopped in Des Moines and had lunch with Kelli B!! It was so great to meet her in person! We met through blogging! We had a mutual friend and we started connecting through our blogs and through our comments. AND she knows Hilary really well. What a blessing it was to meet with her and to see her heart, she shines and she overflows with His love, giving and serving. Thanks Kelli for everything!! I'm praying for you!
We then headed for Kansas City to stay with Joe and Missy. What a blast! It was great to see them and be goofy! Joe was showing us his pirouettes and we also played a nice game where Missy and I would call out genres of music and he would have to dance like that. It was hilarious! We also sat and played guitar and sang. It was really fun, but way too short.
We got up at 6:00 and were on the road for Austin at 7:00am! It was a long drive, but a good one.
It was amazing leaving that morning, knowing that we were going to be in Austin that evening. I just kept praising God and saying, "Lord You are good, You are good, and Your love endures, You are good, You are good, and Your love endures, You are good, You are good and Your love endures, TODAY!"
As we drove into Austin about 6:00pm my heart was overwhelmed as I thought about this being my new home. It wasn't a vacation...I wasn't going to be coming back home after a week or two...this was my new home. It was such a strange feeling. I kept thinking, "Lord, this is what you have prepared me for over the last year and a half." Am I really ready for this?!!
We were welcomed by such a sweet family, Denise, George, Connor, Soren and Holland. We have gotten to know them through Austin Stone and some friends of friends. We met with Denise when we came down over spring break this last year and have kept in contact through email. They are letting us stay with them in their gameroom until we get something figured out with our housing! They are such an amazing family.
We laughed so hard last night, they are a fun family, there will be lots of fun stories!
It's hard to believe that we are here. I am overwhelmed, still tired from the drive yesterday, my stomach feels a little in knots, but I'm excited. Actually, kind of excited to be un-employed right now!!! That will probably change soon when my bank account starts getting a little low!
I'm excited to get to know the town and mostly to spend some good time with God.
The Lord has provided and He provides blessings in abundance. I am truly overwhelmed by him.
I don't have a camera (I had been borrowing my sister and bro-in-laws) so I don't have any pics yet, but hopefully I can get some from Hilary or eventually get a camera soon. (maybe after I get a job!:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em!!!

Soooo glad you (or should I say y'all, now that you're in Texas) made it to Austin safely! I am excited for your new adventure to continue.. please keep us updated. It's fun to live vicariously through you!
I miss your sweet cheeks already (you know which ones :)

Unknown said...

emily!
oh, darling, thanks for updating :) i hope you are well and keeping austin weird! :D i'm still praying for you guys!

Meghan said...

FUN Emily! I am so excited for the both of you! For stepping up to this challenge and going! Yee-haw! I have been checking your blog waiting for the arrival announcement! Love you and love Peps too!

Kelli B said...

Wow, I dont feel worthy of being mentioned in your post! You are awesome, my friend. I love that when I met you in person, I felt like we have been friends for awhile! Seriously - you are easy to talk to, full of joy, full of life, and you are inviting. I trust you will be the same to all the strangers who get to meet you in the coming days. You shine, Emily!

I'm so glad you made it and am so excited to keep up with your lives in Austin! Yay!!! I cant tell you how many times Austin has been "brought up" this weekend. Marcus is looking for a job w/ a specific company - just so happens there's one in AUSTIN! And then last night we were watching TV and saw a show about old houses and the things people find in the walls or attics, and it was in Austin! Oh man...my mind is racing with the potentials.

:)

Love,
KB

Anonymous said...

Hey Em! Soaking up some sun for me? We are the Lobb cabin keep wondering how our big sis is doing. Thot I'd find out by checking your blog. Feelin' rested up from the long drive? Hittin' the streets for work now? not. Well, remember you can always camp out most of the year there. I have your scary, goofy laugh as my ringtone today. So sweet. Man, we miss your laugh!
Mark bought a couple of wake boards for the kids (one size does not fit all) and they have been out on the lake all afternoon with Amy and Eric. Can't wait to hear the stories. Well, that's all for now. I love you tons and miss you soooo much. Hugs and kisses,
sharon

emily said...

Rachel-
Hey there sister! My "cheeks" are missing you too! You are hilarious!
How was the Jesus Balloon?!

Jenna-
You sweet thing, you need to come and visit...you would LOVE it here!

Meghan-
I'm so sorry that it didn't work out to see you before I left. I was very sad, it was such a stressful week last week. Love you lots sister.

Kelli-
Thanks for your encouragement. Yeah, that's crazy that Austin keeps getting "brought up". hmmmmmm?!?!! I will get your email address from Hilary and write you a note!

Sharon-
Wakeboarding?! Crazy! Hilary's friend Jason is an amazing wake boarder and he said he's going to take us out on the boat!! I don't think I will show him my skiing skills. :) Or my tubing skills! You know how that goes!
Love you so much!!