Monday, August 21, 2006

Texas sized Cockroach

It has happened!! I had my first encounter with a Texas sized cockroach! I was sitting in the living room and it started crawling out from underneath the entertainment center! I was by myself and I almost ran out of the house. The boys were at school, George was at work, Denise ran Holland to gymnastics, Hilary was at a meeting. I was by myself!! A refrigerator guy was coming in 20 minutes to fix the refrigerator and I debated on whether to wait for him to get there so that he could kill it for me. But then I decided that I needed to suck it up and get after it...after I took a picture of it of course! So I grabbed one of the kids shoes, which didn't seem big enough and whacked it! It was nice that it was on the carpet so the crunch wasn't as bad. But it was still crunchy. Ugh!!
So I did it, I conquered this creature, and hope that I never have to see one again! I'm sure there are bigger ones, but this was big enough for me to think about running out of the house! Or calling in some help!

2 comments:

Angie said...

emily- you're not supposed to squash cockroaches because you'll just squash cockroach eggs all over and then they'll hatch in the carpet and you'll have even more. and now there are probably cockroach eggs on the shoe walking all over the place...probably in your room!!! agghhhh!!

Anonymous said...

Emily - that looks like just a baby one - and not a very big baby at that. The normal size ones you can cook on the grill for a good meal for two.

- John C.