Monday, August 07, 2006

Pee Wee, Church, Sushi

Today was a good day! This morning Denise made us a delicious breakfast of waffles, eggs, bacon and fruit. Hilary shared this funny story with me, her and Denise were talking and the boys were watching Pee Wee's Playhouse on TV...Soren all of a sudden shouts out..."I'm watching Pee Wee's Playhouse..I'm the luckiest kid in the world!!" It was hilarious! These kids are really really funny! I think they are liking the attention that we give them when they "perform". It's making me miss my kiddos. Sisters...send me pictures, email me or call me with stories, I'm going through withdrawal!
After breakfast they did their "Family Church", since the boys have football Sunday evenings and aren't able to come to church they do "Family Church". It was great to sit in on that and here them talk about ways to love each other.
Tonight we went to church at Austin Stone. It was awesome! Chris and his band were not there, but we had the pleasure of worshipping with Andy, who is on staff as worship leader and leads worship while Chris is traveling. It was an amazing night of worship. We sang some really good songs, one that is on Chris' new album coming out in Sept/Oct. It's a good one! The music was loud and rockful! There is so much freedom in worship there. It feels great to come to a worship service and feel freedom to raise my hands and dance!! I felt such release.
Brad spoke tonight on John 14 and talked about the Holy Spirit. Great teaching. It was a great night of being fed.
After church Hilary's friend Jason took us out for dinner.(GREAT guy, sweet brother and REALLY funny!) Hilary has known him since they were kids, so it was fun hearing about their stories. We ate at a Sushi place. It was my first experience with Sushi...I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, so I also ordered some "potstickers" (they were like those little dumpling guys that I ate with the Witthofts and the Nelsons, see a previous post) as a back up in case I didn't like the Sushi. Good decision!
The sushi was very fishy, and the texture was strange. I actually didn't mind it that much but was glad to have the "potstickers"!
As we were driving back home, Hilary and I again, were overwhelmed at the fact that we are NOT on vacation, although it still kind of feels like it since we don't have to go to work tomorrow morning!! But this is our "home" now for awhile.
What a blessing it has been being here in an amazing house that God provided and an amazing family to stay with and so many people that we are meeting and a great church. God provides in abundance His blessings. Again, I feel so undeserving of such sweet blessings. But what sweet ways to give Him glory!
There is a possible job opportunity coming about that I am getting more information on. It's exciting...but I am really enjoying having some free time! I'm excited to see how God will provide in this area. I'm open to wherever He would have me. I know it won't ever compare to Peds Assoc.!! I miss you guys already!!!
Something hard that I am going through, as being in unfamiliar surroundings, is that a lot of feelings are arising of inadequacies. It's not from God, I have recognized that, but I think just being in a vulnerable and humbled spot has brought that out of me.
Hilary blessed me with these verses this morning:
1 Corinthians 1:4-9
"I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way-in all your speaking and in all your knowledge-because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful."
What a blessing she is to me!
Oh, yeah...and it's REALLY hot here! LOVE it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

em,
i laughed so hard about your "good decision" to order the potstickers as a backup - you crack me up!!! i can just picture you eating the sushi with a nervous look on your face - too funny! thanks for the updates! i sat at church yesterday and thought, "wow, i won't be seeing em here for a long time" it was weird to say the least but i'm so happy for you! enjoy your pre-job fun time!
jennifer

Kelli B said...

Okay - i love the picture. LOVE IT! Secondly, I am hopeful that you will continue to learn through your experiences and that your "shortcomings" or feelings of them will become ways you grow and are stretched and filled with new character traits.

Yay!

Anonymous said...

dear dear em,
i'm gonna be anonymous again cuz i can never remember my username or password (i have so many of them). anyway (or as missy would say "anyhoo") that cracks me up...so small-town. i can really understand why you may feel unsure of yourself or inadequate...it's all new, and that's a normal feeling when you embark on a new road. just be who you are, and it will all begin to flow. we all love the person you are, em. and yes, we miss that person alot around here. stink. BUT we are thrilled that you are there and so excited to see what is around the bend for you in weird austin. church sounded so good. i need some of that kinda worship, em. gotta go to a concert or something. jenn, amy and i are gonna be chi-town the 15-19th. harrington orientation. so we will be there when she turns 18. i should find out if there is a good concert to go to...do you know of any? well-have fun with the kiddos and tell your new mom hello from me. i am so glad that hilary is with you and that you are able to encourage each other. give hils a hug from me. love you guys,
sharon

emily said...

Jennifer-
It brought back some experiences for me, it definitely reminded me of our international meal!! It makes me sad to think of not seeing you guys for awhile, and I don't know if I will make it back before you leave for Japan. That's weird to think about!! Maybe I will, who knows!

Kelli-
Thanks. I know that God uses all things for good somehow. He is teaching me so much. I'm thankful for that.

Sharon-
I miss ya. I really miss laughing with you guys! I'm excited about your new blog!! YEAH! You can do it!
love you!