Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Waiting for the Summit...

Change of plans. It seems like that happens a lot in life. I can remember numerous times in my life where I think I know what's going on and then all of a sudden God does something to shake it all up.
It may be another way that God gets us out of our comfort zone.
I found out tonight that the family I was going to nanny for decided not to go that route for childcare. They were calculating and calculating and realized that they really could not afford it.
I was shocked and surprised and disappointed. I had it set in my mind that this was what it was going to be. This was how much I would be making, this is how I was going to spend my days. Now God has shaken things up.
I don't have a job, my money is running out, I don't know what my income will be so I don't know where to even live because I don't know what I will be able to afford.
I'm out of my comfort zone again.
After receiving this email from the family tonight(today)I lay awake in my bed crying. #1 because I'm tired, #2 because I am now jobless...again, #3 I have been put back into the lovely place of the unknown.
I really am excited, underneath the tears. I have been in this place MANY times. You would think I would know how to handle myself. I find myself once again crying, once again questioning what God is doing, once again fearing, once again doubting, once again feeling hopeless.
It's this stage that I don't really like, but I know is most important. It's the stage that is humbling, refining, it's the stage that puts me in my place and puts God back in His place. Somewhere in this process I have taken God and put Him in this box that I have and that I keep bringing out.
He has His ways of breaking through, and that is usually when He takes me out of my comfort zone and into this process of refinement.
I'm praying BIG. That He would give me a story to tell. That He would receive glory, but not just any glory. But the glory due His name and glory that will reflect His bigness and my smallness.
Here is a precious quote from a man that I admire and who has taught me so much about life, he wrote this in an email to me..."keep following God, He will not lead down a wrong path even though it may be very rough, steep, painful, the summit will be awesome!" Yes indeed! The summit will be amazing and I WILL take pictures!

Some verses:
"You have kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book." -Psalm 56:8 (msg)

"But Zion [Jerusalem, her people as seen in captivity] said, The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me. [And the Lord answered] Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of my hands; [O Zion] your walls are continually before Me." --Isaiah 49:14-17 (amp)

"The threshing floors will again be piled high with grain, and the presses will overflow with wine and olive oil. The Lord says, "I will give you back what you lost to the stripping locusts, the cutting locusts, the swarming locusts, and the hopping locusts. It was I who sent this great destroying army against you. Once again you will have all the food you want, and you will praise the Lord your God, who does these miracles for you. Never again will my people be disgraced like this." --Joel 2:24-26 (nlt)

God knows what He's doing. He is all knowing, all seeing. I'm on His hand, marked and scarred. He will provide and work His miracles so that His name will be known!

1 comment:

William Flinn said...

I know that wonderful feeling of the unknown. I feel it everyday and everytime I jump into a shady cab over here...and everytime, He gets me where I need to go (despite obvious language barriers!)