Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yoshi

I just have to share this blessing. The Lord put it in me before I left for Austin, to start praying for a laptop. At the time I was being an annoying sister-in-law and asking my bro Joe to borrow his computer ALL the time! But I knew that the time would come that I would have to leave and Joe wouldn't be coming with me! So I started asking God that if He wanted me to have one and this means of communication-emailing, blogging-that He would provide one. I went back and forth on thinking about just purchasing one, even getting a credit card just for that purpose, but something wasn't sitting well in me about spending that much money on one, when it really wasn't an absolute necessity and with the upcoming move I knew that my money would need to be saved for that. So it seemed so silly to pray for, and seemed impossible, but I was challenged to pray BIG. Realizing how BIG God is and not limiting him and His capabilities, knowing that if He wanted, He could provide one, but also knowing that if He didn't that did not change His bigness.
The Lord heard my prayer and a couple of my friends blessed me with a late b-day gift and gave me a laptop!! SO undeserving of such a gift but it was sweet to be reminded by my friends of what a sweet picture it was of grace.
I'm blessed by the people in my life who hold the things of this world loosely. God is glorified when we realize that our home is eternal and the things that will last are not those things.
In Jim Cymbala's book about prayer, he says...
"God says, "Pray, because I have all kinds of things for you; and when you ask, you will receive. I have all this grace, and you live with scarcity. Come unto me, all you who labor. Why are you so rushed? Where are you running now? Everything you need, I have." "
The cool thing, is not that I got a laptop (although that definitely has some coolness!) but most of all that God is GLORIFIED!!! I have been able to lift Him up and give Him glory!! My friends want to remain anonymous because it's not about them, it's not about me, it's not about a laptop, it's about JESUS!! Oh, I could shout!!
So I have been SOOO blessed these last several months owning a laptop. My sweet friends who gave this blessing to me. You guys have always been so special to me, (even before Yoshi!) You have shown me grace in more ways than this. You have walked me through life and through my failures, through different seasons of life. You are examples to me of a couple that is real and not afraid to admit weakness, and not afraid to shout to Jesus! I love you guys!!!
Here is a picture of the blessing during one of my quiet times this week!
Isn't it cute?! I feel SO blessed to have this. It has been great using it here in Austin to write to friends and to do this blog thing to keep people updated on what's going on!
Don't limit God. Pray for BIG things, pray for silly things. Just pray!

No comments: