Friday, August 11, 2006

Gecko, not Geico

When Hilary and I came home today, Connor was holding a small Gecko. He found it...inside the house...in his laundry hamper...in his room! AHHH!!
Here are some pictures...



It was just a little guy, and it looks like it's tail is missing. Gross. Connor thinks he might have bitten it off. Gross. I can't believe that it was in the house! Hilary said that she smashed some sort of thing the other day, and she thinks it might have been a Gecko now. It was dark in the house, and she said she wasn't sure what it was, but it splattered. Gross!
I don't ever remember ever seeing a Gecko in Iowa. Could be a Texas thing, I have yet to see a cockroach. Ewww! I hear they are BIG!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cool, man! lizards are hot.
kinsey and i miss you, by the way.
we both decided you are a good thing. :)

Chris said...

When I lived in California I think we used to put bandaids on the lizards stub... I don't think it helped but when you're in 2nd grade it makes you feel a lot better... :)

Angie said...

oh my gosh it's so cute! my brother has wanted a pet gecko for a really long time. the next time you come home maybe you can bring a bunch of them with you...in your pockets, maybe? you can just collect them in your pillowcase or something. or they can all live in your bathtub!

Anonymous said...

geckos are cool! we have salamanders in iowa, but i don't think geckos!! glad to see you are making new friends!