Sunday, August 13, 2006

"He calls me Fred"

Bocce Ball returns! We played a family game this morning.


This afternoon Hilary and I went to help set up for church. Austin Stone meets in a high school gym, and so we have to set up and tear down each week. We decided to go help and see how it's all done. It was amazing. There were a crew of about 20 people or so, some were in charge of setting up the stage, some were in charge of setting up chairs. It took about 2 hours or so. Here is a before and after shot.


Tonight we went to church and it was GREAT!! Chris Tomlin and the guys were there to lead worship. It was hilarious, because the first song they did was a song that I have heard on christian radio, it's actually a pretty cheesy song, so I was suprised that Chris did this one, but he rocked it out and actually made it cool.
The even funnier part of this was that my nephew Noah goes around singing this song!! So a line of the song is "I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God He calls me friend." So Noah sings it this way..."I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God He calls me Fred!" We try to tell them that it's actually friend, instead of Fred, but he insists..."No, it's Fred. He calls me Fred!!"
So as we start singing this song, I kept thinking, "Man, this song is familiar, how do I know this song." Then it came to me and Hilary at the same time and we looked at each other and just started laughing so hard. We couldn't stop laughing through the whole song.

1 comment:

davenportdiocese said...

hey em..that's so funny...i can just see you laughing uncontrollably and unable to stop. i remember when u told me about noah singing that song. it reminded me of when i was a little kid in church...singing Jesus is a Rock in a Weary land. I sang ...is a rock in a wee-wee land. good times. so you making up anymore songs? I love the ones of your cd.
jenn, amy and i ventured out today on the L to downtown. you will be excited and impressed to know that jenn got a chicago library card, and we actually found our way back home. they are planning on going to the lakeshore beach now. it's a beautiful day...not too hot, just right.
i love ya,
sharon