Monday, August 07, 2006

Duck, Duck, Goose

Today we ran some errands and I got a camera! Praise the Lord! He has provided the money for one, and felt like now was the time to get one so that I can share with y'all some pictures!


Here is the beautiful house that we are staying in!

Here is a side view with a cool picture of the moon!

Here is a picture of the kitchen

Living roomSitting room
Tonight we played duck, duck goose! It was me, Hilary, Denise, George and Holland (the three year old). Yes we actually played duck duck goose! We sat in the living room in front of the TV and whoever was the "ducker" went around but instead of saying duck duck Holland liked it better when we said her friends names..."Agatha, Miley, Kip..." and so on! But the thing was, was when you were called "goose" you had to run through the kitchen around to the front of the house, through the office and through the sitting room area, back to the living room. George liked to take you around the wooden table in the kitchen a few times before heading through the whole house!!! It was a lot of fun! Holland just kept giggling and giggling! It was very cute!
This morning Denise and the kids went to the grocery store and Soren, with his own money, bought a coconut because he wanted to see what was inside of it! So we spent a good time trying to figure out how to crack it open. Then he also decided that he wanted to get an MC Hammer CD. He is into 80's music and he is 9 years old! FUNNY! Both Connor and Soren want to be rockstars. They dress and act like rockstars. Connor is 10 and he plays bass guitar, and very good, and just bleached his hair. Soren doesn't play anything, he just like to wear the clothes! He has pink stripes in his hair! They actually went to a "Rock Camp" this summer! How cool is that?! Kind of like School of Rock maybe! I wonder if they did "rock squats"!

This is Sally, she is very cute and sweet!
When Denise and the kids were at the grocery store I found her in Connor's room eating a sucker! It was funny because she lifted her head up when I walked in and it looked like she was sucking on it like a little kid, it was cute but naughty!

The Lord has sustained me another day. I'm thankful for the challenge of being here. I feel stretched in many ways. In ways that are affecting more of my character. I'm seeing weaknesses in me that I have not noticed when being in a comfortable place or else are magnified when being in an uncomfortable place. But I know that our weaknesses make God Bigger so that's cool.

Lord I desire more of you and less of me. It seems that in my weaknesses, that are being revealed in piercing ways, have come bringing more of myself in my view. Father bring my eyes to You, help me look past my weaknesses and my feelings of being inadequate, or feelings of intimidation, Lord You see me and You see beauty and righteousness and clothing that is strength and dignity. It's because of You. I don't deserve such a title as child of the King. But You delight in giving me that name that covers my weaknesses, inadequacies, even my failures. Thank You Jesus. Your love fills me up and I delight in You, because You first delighted in me.
You are BIG, much BIGGER than my mind can comprehend.
I Love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey em...great pics of your fam, and your new home (for now). I so glad that you were able to get a camera, cuz i know how much you LOVE to take pics and share them. Sounds like lots of fun at Denise's house. What a blessing to have them in your life right now. Their home is beautiful. See anything wierd today?
Luke, Jenn and Zach all wakeboarded today...it was awesome. Missing you.
Love,
Sharon

Kelli B said...

Hey Em! I'm soooo thankful you got a camera! I'm glad - you sounded like you wanted one so bad. And i'm also glad b/c now I get to "see" what Austin looks like! I love love love it.

You are staying in a way nice house! What a joy and blessing that must be...I'm thrilled to see that you are enjoying the experience, learning already, and anticipating times to come.

Yay!!!