Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Smile!

Today Hilary and I looked at some properties around Austin. It's a little overwhelming. We were sitting at Starbucks waiting for the realtor to come and we were discussing what we were looking for and Hilary was sharing about how she was reading again in Isaiah 42:16-17 "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. But those who trust in idols, who say to images, "You are our gods," will be turned back in utter shame."
We were talking about what things we need to surrender as a part of this process of finding a place. What things were we holding onto that could be our "little gods".
As I was thinking about stuff in my head and feeling a little overwhelmed I looked over and right next to me on the railing was this...I took a picture....(yes, now having a camera I WILL take a picture of ANYTHING!)

Okay, cheesy moment...Zach you will love this...but it was fun because it was right at my eye level and it was as if God was like, "Smile!! Everything will work out!" God has His cool ways of making me smile!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi em. thanks for sharing the verse from Isaiah, and your happyface experience. I love it. what a blessing you are...and so easily entertained. jk
miss ya,
sharon

emily said...

Sharon-
Yeah, I really am easily entertained. It makes life interesting and fun!
I miss you guys!
em