Saturday, July 29, 2006

"Ouchy Mama!"

As I was sorting through my things, getting ready for the move, I came across my "evangecube"! Awhile back a group of us went to San Antonio, TX for missions trip. We receieved this tool to use in talking to people about Jesus. It walks through the "steps to salvation". It's actually a pretty cool way of talking through it. Especially for kids or for people you don't speak English very well. Anyway, my nephew Noah (who is 5 years old), LOVED it! He not only loved playing with it because you can open it up and turn the pictures around, but he loved talking through each step. He was doing really good with it, and really understanding it. It was so cool! This is what he would say, "There's man and there's God, and Jesus came and died on the cross, they put him in the tomb. And then he came out. And someday we can go to heaven and we can be friends with God."
It was so precious! Later he was showing my sister, and walking through each step.



There is a picture of flames to represent hell, and he asked about it. We were trying to explain that it was a bad place and that is where people go if they don't know Jesus. He looked at it and said "Ouchy mama! "
It was hilarious! Exactly..."Ouchy mama!" Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

sooooo cute! I love what kids say!

Kelli B said...

Emily, if ever I get your email, I have found a few "job options" for Administrative assistants in Austin. I have one sent to my email..and can forward it on to you.

Let me know if I can do some "internet searching" for you or Hilary while I'm at work. :)

SOOOO glad to have met you on Friday. I hope we can grow as friends.