Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fireworks

Tonight my family and some friends went to the fireworks, which is always an interesting event with my family. Once we actually get seated, it doesn't take long before the kids go crazy! My nephews, when they are all together, just feed off of each other and before you know it, I'm getting tackled, the people around us are either annoyed, or if we are lucky, actually laughing at the craziness. Once the fireworks start they settle down a bit. It's funny to look back at them and see Noah and Sam covering their ears, and all of their eyes wide and lit up by the show in the sky. Noah came up and sat on my lap for awhile and was very worried about the fireworks hitting the moon! He also had many discussions with Will about some of the fireworks looking like french fries!
We weren't sure how Lily was going to react to them, and when the first one went off she hid her face, but then looked out again, not wanting to miss anything. She seemed pretty intrigued, but never shed a tear.
The walk back to the house afterwards usually consists of trying to keep track of the kids, making sure we have all of them, Jack with his head lamp on to lead the way, and my brother-in-law, Joe, being a dork and being the brother I never had.
My nephews and niece are so precious. They bring me so much joy!

No comments: