Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Sweet Little Prayer

My sister Jill called me last night to tell me that during the kids' prayer time Sam prayed for me.
He prayed that I would find some boys, get married and have a family.
How sweet is that? And apparently he thinks it takes more than one boy!
I know...I know, I am praying too. I know my mom is praying...and my sisters...and now my nephew! Maybe it just takes the sweet prayers of children!
When I was back home in July, we had a big family discussion about it. (NOT my idea) Sam wasn't around for that conversation...but at one point while I was back he asked me about it and the conversation went something like this:

Sam: Where is your family?
Me: Right here...you are all my family.
Sam: No, I mean where is YOUR family?
Me: I don't have a family yet.
Sam: Where are your kids?
Me: I don't have kids yet. I need to get married first.
Sam: Where's your guy?
Me: I don't have a guy yet. Hopefully some day!
Then he was off to go play!

This is not the first time that I have had these discussions with little kids. A girl I babysit for asks me...about...EVERY time I babysit, if I'm a mommy...or if I have a boyfriend. It usually ends with..."your old and you don't have a boyfriend!?"
Nice.
I'm not THAT old! c'mon little one!
Anyway...It's nice to know that people...even little people are concerned and praying for my future!

**updated**
My sister Laura just reminded me that Jack WAS in on the family discussion while I was back and his advice was to NOT do eharmony.com.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Remember Jackson advising you NOT to go to eharmony.com???? Classic!

emily said...

oh yes. I do remember now...i just updated my post!

Melissa said...

That is so funny and brings back so many funny memories. A little girl I babysat for always had such a tough time understanding that I didn't have a family of my own when I was single, either....she'd ask whether or not I had a bed in my mommy and daddy's home, and I said no, and she said, "then do you have your own house with a husband and kids?" and she couldn't understand why I didn't, what was wrong with me! So funny. It's funny how old we seem in their eyes and just how confusing that is because it's the only world that they really know. I think I was like 23 when she would ask me. She would say, "missy, are you EVER going to get married?!?" She used to pray for me to find a husband, too. :) Hehe. At our wedding, I hadn't seen them in about 3 years, and the first thing she said to me was, "missy, you FINALLY got married!!" Hehehehehe!!! Seriously cracks me up. Seriously, though, waiting for God's plan for your life is definitely the way to go.... look who I ended up with! (I think we both agree he's a keeper!!) :)

Love you emmy!

Carrie Sterner said...

That is hilarious! You ARE NOT old. Not even close. There could have been any number of lucky men to come along and snag you but they would not have been perfect for you. Wait for His chosen mate. It is worth it!