Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday's Fabulous Moment of the Day:

My friend Jen has decided to do a "Monday's Fabulous Moment of the Day" series, just like I do a "Flashback Friday".
She decided that especially on Monday's...it's important to seek out the fabulousness of the day.
You can check out her blog for her "Monday's Fabulous Moment of the Day". Which I can actually relate to.
I've decided to join her...this was her advice:
rule #1...if a fabulous moment doesn't come, force it. any randomness on your part which causes awkwardness for someone else ALWAYS brings about a fabulous moment.
Excellent.
Well, my Monday's Fabulous Moment of the Day came by no force on my part.
As I was leaving for work today, happy to be out and free to go home and relax, I was walking past the elevator door which happened to be opening at the same exact time I was passing by.
I was in my own world...daydreaming of what my evening will be.
When this huge white dog comes out of the elevator at me. He was accompanied by an older gentleman.
I then proceed to say a loud "OH MY GOSH!" while I was trying to get my heart going again and as I was envisioning the huge white psycho polar bear from LOST. I really thought that's what it was. Seriously...this dog was huge white and hairy. I love dogs...I love BIG dogs...but this thing looked psycho.
The older gentleman laughed and kept going. I quickly walked away thankful for my life and that it indeed was just a psycho looking dog and not a huge white psycho polar bear from LOST.

2 comments:

Jen said...

YES...that is an amazing fabulous moment of the day! And I totally laughed out loud at the thought of a psycho polar bear jumping out of an elevator at you.

Okay can I just say that I now seriously am looking forward to Mondays.

Not many people can say that my friend.

Rachel Bardwell said...

Hmm . . . you need a good looking Sawyer friend who owns a gun to shoot that dog/polar bear for you. Or maybe some hairspray, didn't someone kill a polar bear with a can of hairspray and a match in season 2? Am I losing it?