Friday, September 19, 2008

God of Justice

My church, Austin Stone, is in the middle of the vision series that happens every year where we talk about what our church is about and where we are heading and what God is calling us to. God is doing something huge in Austin, He's doing something HUGE in the lives of the people here, He's doing something HUGE in the world.
We are talking about how we are a church for the city. God is breaking down a lot of barriers and He is really calling us to a radical change of lifestyle, a radical change of heart. To look at the bible and to really follow and live it out.
Here is a video that was played at the beginning of the series.

You can also listen to the messages on the website here. Or on itunes here.
CHECK IT OUT.
My heart is growing more and more for this city and it's growing more and more for the world. My heart is breaking for those people who don't know Him and I want to see lives change and see Jesus living in the people in the entire city of Austin. God is up to something. Something BIG.

God of Justice-Tim Hughes

God of Justice, Saviour to all

Came to rescue the weak and the poor
Chose to serve and not be served

Jesus, You have called us
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give

We must go live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken
We must go
Stepping forward keep us from just singing
Move us into action
We must go

To act justly everyday
Loving mercy in every way
Walking humbly before You God

You have shown us, what You require
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give

Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out Lord

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's exciting isn't it...to be so crazy aware of God's working.

There are days when I just watch and listen trying to take all of it in because it just amazes me that everyone has this same feeling. It's unlike anything I've ever experienced. And then I have to kind of pinch myself and realize that I can't just keep trying to take it all in. It's time to start moving...

I love you girl. Hopefully I'll see you on Sunday!