Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good Morning!

This morning.
Shower.
Cockroach.
HUGE.
This was NOT how I wanted to start my morning.
It was dead, it was upside down...but that didn't stop me from squealing and whining.
I quickly shut the door to my shower and tried to walk through what to do.
I knew that Travis had come over early to see Hilary before work and so I thought about running out and grabbing him to get it for me...but then I decided that he may not be ready for my morning bed head.
I gave myself a quick pep talk and told myself that I could handle this guy since he was dead.
I decided to try the "turn on the water, make sure he's dead by drowning him and let him go down the drain" approach.
Let me just say once again that he was HUUUGE.
He didn't fit down the drain.
That's how big we are talking.
So I went with plan B which was NOT to go out and get Travis with my bed head.
I grabbed the toilet paper and got the biggest wad I could get and went in after him. Squealing the entire way. As I was holding on to him his antenae's were sticking out from the wad and they were moving. Either he was still alive or they were just moving from me moving...but either way I did more squealing and threw him into the toilet and flushed.
I do have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for handling this big guy.
It was really scary and gross, and I would prefer to not have to go through that again. But then again...I have dealt with rats...and I'm not sure which is worse. They are both pretty bad. ewww...UGH!
Not a fun way to start the morning.
I should have taken a picture...but I was still sleepy and too scared.
sorry.

2 comments:

Connie said...

aaawww darn, no picture. But I believe you cause when you say something is big, it's BIG! My brave, brave girl!!! Maybe you should come back to Iowa where things are normal sized before it's too late!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Em! I totally feel your pain! I've had this happen to me too. First of all, I hate finding any bug in the shower, but a roach!! You haven' had much luck with the bug and rodent population this year. I remember one time driving into my parent's garage when I lived in Houston, and as the door went up and the light came on, I saw billions (well it seemed like billions) of roaches crawling around, and some of them were even flying. I actually sat in my car for a long while contemplating how I was going to get inside the house without being hit by flying roaches. When I finally got out of the car, I ran screaming out of the garage and onto the driveway. I decided to try and go in the front door of the house instead of the one connected to the garage. I didn't want any of those things getting inside! I despise roaches!!