Monday, September 08, 2008

Free People

I'm lovin' these styles from Free People. I visited this store at the Domain and said out loud, "I could seriously buy everything in this store." BUT...there is absolutely NO WAY I could afford anything. Even the little tank tops were $50.
They have super cute stuff.
It is really making me want to make my own stuff. I'm thinking about taking a sewing class. My mom got me a sewing machine a couple of years ago and I'm VERY sad to say that I have not used it. :( I know, sad. (don't be mad at me mom!) I absolutely LOVE it and LOVE the fact that I own a sewing machine, I just don't have any clue what to do or how to use it! Hilary has used it several times to make baby towels.
I have vowed that before the end of the year I will learn and create cute things. (maybe I will actually be able to contribue to our mom & daughters journal, "Things With Wings"!)

5 comments:

The Kac's said...

Hey Em, I too own a sewing machine that I don't know how to use. In 7th grade, a boy stole my hot pink material for making a book cover in home ec class and so I never learned how to sew. (he got caught and had to call his mom and tell her he stole it...what boy picks out hot pink fabric!). Anyway, let me know if you pick out a sewing class and maybe I could join you!

Sarah said...

My love of Free People is not because of their clothes. Several years ago, while still living in Austin, I was invited to a private show with Ben Harper, Jack Johnson and G Love. It was held at Free People. I will forever be in love with FP because of that.

emily said...

Em, we should totally take a class together! That would be awesome! I about died when I read your comment. What boy takes hot pink material!? hilarious!

Sarah, I am more in love with FP now that you told me that story. I'm a little jealous that you went to a private party with those guys. I love them all. (of course you probably already know my love for G Love!)

CharCof said...

I think you and I should visit my friend Robbye...she'll teach us both to sew!

emily said...

Char, would you happen to be speaking of Robie Dodson!? I totally know her, and just found out recently that she teaches classes and that is who I thought of. hmmmm....we should figure this out!