Monday, September 15, 2008

Go Hawks!

The Iowa Hawkeyes won against their rival, the Iowa State Cyclones, on Saturday. Here is a pic from my sisters blog of miss Lily being a cheerleader...the CUTEST cheerleader in the world.She calls the cyclones...cyclowns. I WILL be using this with my friend Wendy who you all know and love from Maid-Rite Friday. We are both from Iowa...but yet our friendship is torn apart by our loyalty to our teams, the Hawkeyes and the Cyclones. She calls me a Squakeye. I will now call her a cyclown.
We went to a sports bar on Saturday to watch the game...which ended up being an IOWA STATE ALUMNI gathering.
The room was full of red and gold.She got a little "Cy" squeeze thing...She thought it was all pretty funny...At first I told her that she owed me big time. I was representing though...But then I decided that I would be a loving friend and that she didn't owe me anything. GRACE. I was just showing her GRACE.We ended up winning!! GO HAWKS!! Which was excellent. There were 4 of us Hawkeyes amidst all of the Cyclowns...I mean Cyclones. It was great!
I had called my bro-in-law at the beginning of the game, who is a HUGE hawkeye fan, to let him know the situation that I was in...being surround by IA State fans. His response...
"You are calling during the Iowa game what do you want?"
"Joe...I'm surrounded...I'm surrounded by Red and Gold and Cyclones"
"What? What are you doing? Abort...get out of there now...as fast as you can."
My sister posted some pics of what he is like during the game. check it out here.
He usually gets up several times either jumping up and down, running around in circles or beating his head. He has been known to do some fast claps too. We like making fun of him quite a bit.

2 comments:

Carrie Sterner said...

Ok that may truly be the cutest cheerleader in the world! Who could cheer for anyone else!

Anonymous said...

Haha! First of all, let me just say how crazy it is that there were that many Iowa fans (either team) at a sports bar in TX! I'm glad you were there to represent. Go Hawks! I was actually at Kinnick working at a concession stand for the PV youth group on Sat., so I didn't get to see the actual game.