Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm a Natural Ballerina

So I think I might be on to something.
I had my first ballet class. No tutus were involved...not yet anyway.
It was AWESOME! There were 4 of us plus Melissa (the instructor).
We worked on different positions and then we even did some jumps and leaps. It was pretty amazing!
Melissa told me that I was a natural. YEAH! That's what I'm talkin' about!
When we were doing our stretching at the end of the class Melissa was doing the splits...we are all NOT flexible and so we just all looked at each other and laughed. Then came the quote of the day... "Is it possible to do that, this late in life!?"--in reference to the splits.
It was hilarious.
I'm already sore...it's a great workout! I think that we are even going to learn some combinations. (I've learned that in ballet you do not call them routines...they are combinations)
I'm still determined to, at some point, wear a tutu.
It will happen...I promise.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Should I make you a tutu like Lily's? Do I see some dance worship in your future? Can a person combine ballet and guitar? Just because it's never been done before shouldn't stop you!!! oh, man, I just thought about the times you ran around home in a pink tutu doing leaps and twirls - I wish I could get those days back. I'm gonna cry now.

Leah said...

i want footage