Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Galatians, Sewing and Tutus

So I'm really looking forward to some things coming up.

1. I'm taking a class at church on Galatians that is taught by the beautiful Kimberly Stewart. We already had one class and the homework has been AMAZING. I'm excited to grow! I also love that I am surrounded by amazing beauty in these women who are taking the class with me.

2. I'm hopefully going to be taking a sewing class. The beautiful Robie Dodson, who I met at Kimberly's baby shower, teaches sewing classes! Charlotte and I are going to look into getting a group together! I'm really excited! Watch out...I WILL learn how to make cute stuff.

3. This one is a little silly and crazy...I think I am going to be taking a ballet class. I know you are picturing me in a tutu and you are laughing. I am too. But thankfully tutus and tights are NOT required. My beautiful friend Melissa is a ballerina and will be teaching a class for her friends who have always wanted to be dancers! How fun is that?! I think I will laugh a lot. I'm planning on bringing my camera because I'm counting on there being some good pictures...mostly of me not being able to touch my toes and me not being able to get back up after a one of those little squat positions...whatever they're called. Or maybe for fun I will actually show up in a tutu! THAT would be worth taking a picture of!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Girl, I took a ballet class this summer and LOVED it. It was SO much fun. My friend Shannon and I walked in looking like punk rock ballerinas. Seriously, we had on hot pink tights. The other girls had on baby pink tights. We had on cut off shorts. The other girls had on flowy wraparound skirts. We had our hair in messy buns with our bangs hanging in our eyes. The other girls had their hair like, completely slicked back with perfectly shaped buns. Shannon has mad amounts of tattooes. The other girls didn't. (And I didn't have that going for me either.) But seriously, it was like in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever when the Herdman clan walks into church. I'm so sad I don't have pictures. We had a blast though. You'll love it!

Rachel Bardwell said...

I had no idea that Rod Stewart's socialite daughter was a friend of yours :)

By the way, that ballet squat thing is called a plie (pronounced plee-ay). A small one is called a demi plie and a big dip is called a grand (grahhnd) plie. Your teacher will be impressed. HAVE FUN!!

Kathy said...

Oooooh a bible study in Galatians :)

Sewing can be fun!

Ballet will be awesome! Hey then you can sew something to wear to it!

you will need to post pictures of any or all of these endeavors!

Laura said...

Can I suggest an investment in some Depends?

Leah said...

PLEASE wear a tutu.

Kelli B said...

I would love to glean your sewing skills!!! I need to make more of an effort to find someone to teach me....
You in a tutu would be the most awesome photo of the year. Please send me one. Please wear it at least once to class.
LOVE YOU! You will be learning a lot this fall! :)

elly said...

definitely wear a tutu! preferably one that you created with your new crafty-skills. preferably lots of glitter. haha.

if you need any assistance with ballet terminology, i'm your girl!

steve, steph, emma and bree said...

ballet?!? well, if you need any dance tips you can always refer to sally o'malley- she's definitely got some moves!!