Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sweet Little Man!

My sister Jill emailed this story to me the other day and I have to share it! This is my nephew Will, he is 6 and in the 1st grade!
"Last night at AWANAS (the first meeting) one of the leaders was sitting in a little tent, "afraid" to come out because it was her first time at AWANAS. (They were trying to appeal to the first time kindergartners). And they said that if you're feeling nervous or scared you can put your hands together and pray, and God and all his angels will comfort you and make you feel better. A kid piped up and said, "we don't know if that's true" and the leader was like "if what is true?" and the kid said, "if God is really true". There were 60-70 kids in this room, k-2nd grade. And out of all those kids, Will speaks up and says, "Yes we do. We know that God is true because everything in the whole bible is true." The leader, who was at a loss for words, latched on to this, and made Will stand up and repeat what he'd said so that everyone could hear it. So he went on to explain how Will was right, God can't tell a lie, everything he says is true and we can believe it."
Isn't that a great story!! I was so proud of him! Damon and Jill were so proud too! What a little man!! I wish I had that boldness!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless his heart! What a neat kid. You go Will! Hugs and a BIG kiss.

Kelli B said...

that is a really great story! and one worth telling, and re-telling, and re-telling...

Kelli B said...

i wish we all had such childlike, bold, unafraid, unashamed faith. word to Will!

Angie said...

Oh man! I miss Will too! I can't believe he's 6 years old. Actually, what I can't believe is that he's still as cute as he was when he was 1.

davenportdiocese said...

Out of the mouth of babes. Will is such a cute boy! He truly is a reflection of his parents' obedience in 'training him in the way he should go..' way to go Jill and Damon! God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

It's enough to make a grandma cry, let me tell you!!! MOM