Friday, September 01, 2006

My morning at Austin Java


One of my new favorite places is Austin Java.
It's this hip/funk coffee house/bar. It has the feel of a coffee house, but it's also a restaurant and it's not totally quiet so it's a good place to go with friends.
I am here by myself today catching up on some emails and just chilling. I love to be here and just watch the people. I will fill you in on what I'm seeing.



First there's a guy that works here that is so cool. He reminds me of Artem from 1st season of So You think you Can Dance.
He's got the hair and the accent. I really thought that it was him at first. I don't think it is. I wonder if he can dance!
There is a guy sitting in the corner by himself working on his computer. Every time I glance over there he is giggling to himself. Or smiling really big. He is probably either really enjoying his work, or instant messaging a friend, or reading a funny forward. I had to laugh when I thought about what I must look like when I'm instant messaging Kinsey in public! I know that I am the same way!
There are two girls meeting, and one of them has a newborn baby girl! VERY cute! I love they way people look at babies!
There is an old guy that just walked in with a cowboy hat and a mullet. AWESOME! Welcome to Texas!
Another guy that works here is extremely tall and skinny, taller and skinnier than Zach Nielsen! It's true! He is wearing a red Las Vegas T-shirt. It's kind of too small for him.
So you know how it's been said that everything is bigger in Texas. Including hair. This gal just walked in with some major hair. It's big.
Guy...lots of tattoos. Cool!
Kid...sailor shirt and a plaid skirt.
I love Austin! You have a range of people from giggly guys, to BIG hair, to tattoos, to cowboy hats. Be you! Keep Austin Weird!
LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em

Enjoying your posts . . . people watching is always fun. Especially in Texas. I used to love the names for kids down there when I'd take Shailee to the play lands at McDs . . . Hunter, Gunner, and of course "Bubba" were a few of my favs that I heard quite a bit. And of course, the always charming "Littl' Man" was thrown around at random too.

Hey - can you shoot me your email? Didn't see it anywhere on you blog. I had a couple questions for you (I WANT YOUR CD TOO!! As well I have one of mine now to send you!!) as well I have some friends down there at 2 other churches - thought it might help with perhaps you finding a job? Never hurts to make more connections. Anyway - just thought I'd offer. Easier via email of course. Thanks! Blessings!!

- John
jcarlson@parkviewchurch.org

Meghan said...

Em- so now you have the hots for a Texan coffee house worker. What about getting a job there? he he....anyway, just make sure no one catches you staring (as I get caught quite a bit and it's a little awkward). Love ya!

emily said...

Meg-You are funny! Remember people watching together!? Down at the Ped Mall? And even Chester?! Yikes!

Meghan said...

Oh yeah! It's one of my favorite things to do...in fact, when my moma nd I go out together we end up not talking and just staring (now that's pretty bad). I think half the time we accused Chester of looking at us, it was probably because we were staring at him and he was wondering what the deal was. He's still a little strange:) Oh memories.