Monday, September 18, 2006

Jobless No More!

Well, folks, I have a job!!
It is so unexpected, but it's so fun how this all worked out.
Right now I have been a temp nanny for a family who is waiting for their nanny to start. It is for a 2 month old little girl, Charlotte, and it's been full time and so great!
I have been looking into finding a family to nanny for permanently, but nothing has really come up. I started to explore different options in case the nanny thing didn't work out. I randomly sent my resume to a company that was looking for a receptionist and they called me in for an interview last Thursday and then offered me the job on Friday!! (originally they were going to do some more interviewing and was going to make a decision by the first week of October!) I took the weekend to think and pray about it and today I called them and accepted their offer.
It was not what I thought I would be doing. I was sort of ready to be out of the office scene, but I felt like God was saying..."Here ya go, Em, I'm providing for you! Are you going to trust me?"
I would have been foolish to pass this up. It has amazing pay and amazing benefits. They have health, dental and vision insurance and the company pays 100%!
I know that this doesn't have to be forever, but for now it will be great.
Hilary and I are looking at an apartment that is 3 minutes away from the office! That will be nice too!
I start on October 9th. Originally the family that I am nannying for needed me until the 13th of October, but when I told them about my job and how they were wanting me to start on the 9th, she said that her permanent nanny had called and told them that she could start on the 9th!!! hmmmm...interesting isn't it!? !
I love how this is all working out!!
I knew that God would be faithful in providing and that it would be better than what I could come up with!

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to Your name give glory, for Your mercy and loving-kindness and for the sake of Your truth and faithfulness!"
Psalm 115:1

God is faithful!

I am looking for flights right now to see if I can find cheap tickets to come back home for Thanksgiving. I will have Thursday and Friday off so it will be a short trip but would LOVE to come home. Right now it's not looking good. I have only found tickets in the $500 range. I hope that it works out.

17 comments:

Shadley said...

woooo hooooo! that's awesome Em!!!! Gotta love God's plan-changin' ways!

Anonymous said...

great em- i'm so glad!

Anonymous said...

sweet! praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Yay Emmy! So excited for you! God's timing is amazing and undeniably perfect, huh?!

Rosie said...

Em, I'm totally excited for your new job!!! It's so awsome to watch God provide in His timing. Jeff's message this weekend was such a good reminder that God gives us trials to make our character more like His. He reminds me so often of how much work He still has to do in my life. =)

Really hope to see you at Thanksgiving. Miss you tons!!!

Love,rosie

Anonymous said...

I told mom if you can't make it home for Thanksgiving we'll just send the pickles and buns in the mail. hee,hee Laura

emily said...

Thanks guys for being excited! You are all so cute and I miss you all!
Laura you crack me up!! I am laughing sooooo hard!!! I think that was the best comment EVER!

Anonymous said...

OK, Shadley took my line (I was seriously thinking how I was gonna type "woooo hooooo" and then Shadley already did?? Shadley, sometimes I think we are 2 versions of a very similar person :)

Anyway, Em, that totally rocks. It makes me want to write a haiku for you!!

Anonymous said...

A HAIKU FOR EMILY

Congratulations!
No more 'vacation' for you. . .
But, you'll get paychecks!

emily said...

I LOVE you Rachel B.!!! You crack me up! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous brother in law said - "Wrangler up baby"

Anonymous said...

You are like the best brother-in-law ever. Like, BFF okay?!?.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Em. That was very nice.

Anonymous said...

Like, you are totally welcome. I knew it the moment Laura introduced you to the fam. Like, you rock. And by the way, I now own 20 pairs of Wranglers!! Like, they are the best. Yee-haa, y'all.

emily said...

Okay...this is the REAL Emily talking...I have to clear up this last little conversation that my brother-in-law was having with himself! He posed as me, because he thinks he is funny!!! Okay...so he is pretty funny, but mostly just a big dork!

Anonymous said...

Joe, you are big goof ball.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I left out the "a". You are A big goof ball. The English major couldn't just leave that hanging out there like that.