Sunday, September 17, 2006

ACL Fest Day 3

Day 3 of ACL Fest:
The school that we have church in is right across the river from Zilker Park which is where the festival is held. There were so many people down there, it was unbelievable, it was kind of hard to get to church, I was really late. Hopefully tomorrow this town will be back to normal!

Here were some of the bands today:
MUSE, Sam Roberts, Jack Ingram, Son Volt, G. Love & Special Sauce(yeah!), Kathleen Edwards, Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley, Ween, The Stills, KT Tunstall, Matisyahu, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, The Flaming Lips, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

After church Andy, the worship guy, started playing Free Fallin' with the band, since Tom Petty was playing tonight! It was hilarious!
As we were leaving church, since it was so close, we could hear the music and I realized that it was Tom Petty playing. So we listened for awhile and got to hear "Last Dance with Mary Jane" and "I Won't Back Down". It was very cool! I live here!! FUN!
Here is a picture from last night. Willie Nelson!

5 comments:

Kelli B said...

emily, so fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Willie. Thanks!

LindaLee
www.stillisstillmoving to me
my I love Willie Blog

davenportdiocese said...

we're you really up front that close to get that pic!? good stuff.

emily said...

Sharon- I didn't actually take that picture, I found it online!

Anonymous said...

I think that it's really funny that you've devoted so much space to a music festival that you didn't even attend! You must surely be excited about living in Austin!