Saturday, September 16, 2006

"Ride Sally Ride"

Today I babysat for a family and I took the kids to meet their mom at a carnival! We walked around and played games and one of the games that we played was the spinning wheel game. So you spin the wheel you get a prize depending on where the wheel stops. There was a "jackpot" prize and you could either pick a large prize or...you could have this...

It's a laso kit! It comes with a laso rope and an instructional video on how to laso and how to be cowboy and also a cassette tape of country songs!! Not a CD, a cassette tape!
I actually spun the wheel a couple of times to try and win it but I didn't get it. One of the kids got it though! Hopefully the next time I babysit I can show 'em my skills!! I do know how to laso with a foot long twizzler! "Ride Sally Ride!!" (that was for my ya ya sisters!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . only in Texas!! That was one of our favorite sayings when we lived there.

My favorite was listening to the radio one day and hearing a totally serious commercial that said "Buy a new 2004 Ford F150 Pick Up, and get a FREE SHOTGUN - only at Rockwall Ford!!"

Only in Texas . . . .

- John

Anonymous said...

Make sure that you do the classic movie cowboy standoff whistle sound effect when you show them your twizzler skills. But make sure not to give yourself any welts.

emily said...

Jill- you are so funny!! I was laughing so hard! I was definetly imagining that whistle sound in my head!

Anonymous said...

Ride Sally Ride!! That is AWESOME!

You have GOT to make those lasso kits happen for the boys! I can just imagine he scene, 4 wild boys on Christmas morning all throwing Texas sized lassos around the Christmas tree--picture this at Jill's house for maximum effect!!
If all else fails, just purchase the longest Twizzlers you can find and improvise :)