Friday, September 15, 2006

ACL Festival


This weekend is the Austin City Limits Festival. So this town is CRAZY! There are so many people here and the traffic is insane! They estimate that there are 65,000 people here each night! I thought I would give you guys a taste of what this is like...so I've heard. I'm sad that I'm not actually there, but hopefully by next year I will have a job and can afford the 3 day pass!




John Mayer was one of the headliners tonight, and as I was searching online to see what I could find about how the night went I came across a website that you can watch the festival live!! So I got to see John Mayer's last song! It was awesome!
You can go to this website and watch too! They will be playing the different concerts.



Here are some other bands that were on the schedule...
Trish Murphy, Sara Hickman, Del Castillo, Oliver Mtukutdzi and Black Spirits, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, The Tragically Hip, Cat Power and the Memphis Rhythm Band, Sparklehorse, Stars, Gomez, Ray Lamontagne, Nickel Creek, Los Lonely Boys, John Mayer, Paolo Nutini, Deadboy and the Elephantmen, Gnarls Barkley, Thievery Corporation, Van Morrison.

They have several different stages and they close of Barton Springs Road and the festival is located at Zilker Park. Here are some pictures from last year that I found.

Coldplay and Death Cab for Cutie


3 comments:

Chris said...

Yay for John Mayer! I'm privately an addict (although I guess posting this makes it semi-public). He lets people record his shows and put them on the internet so I have 17 of his shows downloaded. Great stuff! I also have about 5 Jack Johnson shows... I'll give links!

Live music archive! Jack Johnson is here. It's all legal.

http://www.archive.org/details/etree

John Mayer stuff is here. Legal too.

http://bt.etree.org/

Both of those sites have a ton of live music from other artists.

Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

John Mayer is SO on my list. I just got his new CD and it is really good. Very diverse.

Seeing the stage kinda reminded me of our trips to Creation Fest; although there are probably a lot less Jr High kids at ACL. . .

I miss you Em!!

emily said...

Chris-I will check out those websites! I love watching music shows!

Rachel-I remember now...John Mayer is SO on your list! I knew that! I totally thought of Creation when I saw those pics too!! Oh the memories!