Tuesday, September 05, 2006

For the Lord...He is good...

I thought I would write some quotes that God has spoken to me through music, pastors, books, friends. I hope that you are encouraged too...

"God's specialty is making impossibilities possible."

"In my life God took the broken pieces and made me something I was not-and still am not-except by grace."

"The moment you sincerely believe you have receieved a promise from God, pray to flourish in your belief through the tests that will follow."

"There has only been one life that has ever pleased God--...Jesus."

"The only way to live a life so that God is pleased is through Jesus. You cannot do it on your own."

"There is no sin that is more powerful than what Jesus did on the cross."

"How can I keep from shouting Your name... I know I am loved by the King, and it makes my heart want to sing."

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord...our God, You reign forever...our Hope our strong Deliverer."

"She desired to have that relationship with God. She was scrunching under the covers because she felt the presence of God so strongly, she thought that if she peeked out she would see Jesus and die. The contradiction...wanting something so badly but afraid to see it."

"I'm praying that you will be able to look back and see the dots connected. I pray that you will be rewarded through the perplexing changes of being able to see how every turn led you to a place where God wants you to be."

"The voice of truth says- Do not be afraid! This is for His glory!"

"God does not need to bring you into His planning room as a consultant to help him decide what is best for your life. God has called you to trust him and to take the next step of obedience according to his will God has said, "I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them."

"He is your Shepherd-He is leading you.
He is your Provider-He is taking care of you.
He is your Strength-He is enabling you.
He is your Counselor-He is speaking to you.
He is your Shield-He is protecting you.
He is your comfort-He is encouraging you.
He is your Father-He is blessing you."


"Our painful circumstances will not last one moment longer than God knows is necessary to achieve His eternal purposes in and through our lives. Every situation that touches our lives has first been filtered through His fingers of love. He will never place more on you than He will give you the grace to bear."

"I always think of Paul the apostle when I am reminded to refocus my mind on what is truth. How could he "rejoice always" when he was hungry and tired? His secret was that he had settled the issue of why he was living. He was not living to please himself or to get his needs fulfilled. From the point of his conversion on the road to Damascus, he had one burning passion: to live for the glory and the pleasure of God. All that mattered to him was knowing Christ and making Him known to others."

"Lift your eyes to the heavens, for the creator is living in you...lift your eyes to spacious skies, let him chart your way to flight...spread your wings and fly...For the Lord...He is good."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet quotes, darling!

davenportdiocese said...

the quotes have strengthen my tired spirit today...i love your site, em. can't this be your job? wouldn't that be sweet? keep on keepin' on