Saturday, September 02, 2006

God is Doing Something, I'm ready to Fly

Ups and downs. This trip has been such a roller coaster of emotions. I am relying on God's favor, His compassion and I am unquestioning Him.
I have to trust that God is working out His purpose for me and that He will reveal what that is in His timing and that He is working it for my good.
I have delighted in these verses today:

"Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice!
Let all men know and perceive and recognize your unselfishness (your considerateness, your forbearing spirit). The Lord is near [He is coming soon].
Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
-philippians 4:4-7

My heart sometimes feels like it is torn between my desires and the Lord's desires. It seems like such a battle to surrender. To be willing to lay down my plan and embrace His plan.
All morning I have been singing "Made To Worship" by Chris Tomlin and today I finally paid attention to the words and it was GREAT! Here are the lyrics:

"Before the day
Before the light
Before the world revolved around the sun
God on high
Stepped down into time
And wrote the story of His love for everyone

He has filled our hearts with wonder
So that we always remember

You and I are made for worship
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender
You and I choose to believe
You and I will see who we were meant to be

All we are
And all we have
Is all a gift from God that we receieve
Brought to life
We open up our eyes
To see the majesty and glory of the King

He has filled our heart with wonder
So that we always remember

Even the rocks cry out
Even the Heavens shout
At the sound of His holy name
So let evey voice sing out
Let every knee bow down
He's worthy of all our praise"

Oh how my heart rejoices in how God uses music to fill up my soul.
A couple of things hit me...
It was as I was processing through my life situation right now and talking with God about what to do now. Lord, what do you want me to do? Who do you want me to be? What is going on!? God I surrender, I let it all go, I am getting out of your way so that You can do what You want. I trust you, I am going to choose to believe you.
-
"You and I embrace surrender, You and I choose to believe, You and I will see who we were meant to be"
-That's worship.
Lord, everything I have comes from You. I don't deserve it, but You give anyway, a gift. Lord I know that when I surrender You give me eyes to see who You are.
-
"We open up our eyes to see the majesty and glory of the King."
God, You don't need me. You are God without me. You don't need me to come to You and worship You, You are God without me. If I don't worship You, You remain God and everything about You remains. You have even the heavens and the rocks crying and praising out Your name. Who am I to think that You need me? BUT You delight in me, You desire me and love me. And because of Your love for me and your desire for me I run to you and bow down to You and cry out and sing to You because You are worthy of it all!
-
"Even the rocks cry out, Even the heavens shout, At the sound of His Holy Name, So let every voice sing out, Let every knee bow down, He's worthy of all our praise."

As I am listening to this song, my music program on my computer goes to random songs. The next song after this was the song we sang in church a couple of weeks ago calle "Fire Fall Down"( see previous post )
Again, I am amazed at how God works sometimes! Here are a couple of lines that hit me during this processing.

"These hands are Yours; Teach them to serve as You please; And I'll reach out desperate to see; All the greatness of God; May my soul rest assured in You.
Cause I know that You're alive; You came to fix my broken life; And I'll sing to glorify; Your Holy Name; Jesus Christ
You changed it all; You broke down the wall; When I spoke and confessed; In You I'm blessed; Now I walk in the light; In victorious sight of You
Show me Your heart; Show me Your way; Show me Your glory!"

God is good even in the unknown! There are many mysteries to God. Some we may never know until we are standing with Him for eternity, that is what is exciting about walking with Him. He takes us down unfamiliar paths into the unknown so that we are forced to rely and trust Him fully for those things!
It's as though I'm on the edge of something, I'm willing to jump and go, but God is holding me back waiting for the right time to let me go. When I go I fly, sometimes I fall, but what is cool is that God never leaves me, He goes too!

No comments: