Thursday, October 02, 2008

I Heart Morphine

So I like Morphine. A lot.
I think that could potentially be a problem.

I have been getting headaches a lot lately. It's been really frustrating.
My Dr. has tried 4-5 different migraine medicines and none of them have been working. Again...FRUSTRATING!
The last couple of weeks have been consistant and getting worse. Practically every day I have been getting a headache and the pressure is so intense.

Last night has been the worst night. My small group started and I really didn't want to cancel since it was the first night so we had it anyway. Melody took over leading, which I am so thankful for.

I came home early from work and slept most of the day and when it was time for group my head was starting to get worse. In the middle of group I started to get really hot and clamy and shaky. My leg started cramping up really bad and I just felt SO weird. I got up several times to go to the bathroom thinking that I was going to be sick. They said I looked really white.
I started crying and was starting to get a little scared.
As soon as the girls left I broke down. It was so painful and Melody, Hilary and I decided that I should probably go to the ER. We called an on-call nurse who also agreed with that decision.

So I went to the ER. I was reminded of the many times that Meghan and I had gone to the ER when we were roommates. Dr. Krupp. awwww. I still have a special place for him in my heart. I was halfway expecting him to walk into the room and tell me that I was pregnant or that he liked my "My roommate's mom rocks" tattoo. (that comment was specifically for those who know those stories!)
I was also expecting to see Dr. Derrick Shepherd walk in from Grey's Anatomy. That would have been lovely. I'm sure he could have figured out what was going on with my head.

They had to do a CT scan of my brain to make sure there weren't any tumors or anything major going on. The results came back great. Nothing major. Thank you Jesus. But WHY is my head hurting SO BAD! UGH! Not that I wanted there to be anything serious going on...but I just want it figured out and for the headaches to stop.
They gave me a shot of phenergan to help with the nauseous feeling. In the booty...awkward.
They gave me a shot of something that started with a t for the pain. In the booty...awkward.
The pain was still there...so they gave me a shot of the good stuff...MORPHINE...in the booty...again...awkward.
I like morphine. A lot.
It took the pain away and also made me feel very relaxed!
They sent me home with a RX for vicadin and phenergan.
Nice. Very nice.
Don't worry, I'm not addicted to drugs. I was a part of D.A.R.E.

Melody and Hilary were so nice to have waited for me in the waiting room.
I was told to go home and then follow up with my neurologist, which I already had an appointment set up on October 13 to do some more tests and meet with the Dr. Something was said about a possible MRI. Not sure what the difference between a CT and MRI is.

Today has been a better day, although, I still feel like I'm feeling the affects of the booty shots I got last night! (whoah, that sounded shady) I feel like they are starting to wear off though, and I'm feeling the headache come back.
I'm praying that it won't be like last night.

Be praying if you think of it, I don't want to be gripped by the fear of something majorly wrong. I just want to feel better so that I can fully do the things I want to do, without being in pain. It hurts to even laugh sometimes. You KNOW how much I love to laugh. :)

11 comments:

Jen said...

"booty shots"

whoa...that totally did sound a bit shady. :-) at least for now, we can blame it on the drugs that you're on your way to being addicted to.

and i have to tell you that i felt a little bad laughing while reading this post. but i couldn't help it.

i can't imagine emily ward without laughter. the world would not be right. so i'll definitely be praying that gets taken care of and fast.

love you girl!

Sustauroo said...

Haha... I thought "booty shots" was funny too.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better sweetie. Even if it was for a night. And I agree with Jen... we need you to laugh in this world.
Continuing to pray...
Love.

Laura said...

I've had a few booty shots myself, and let me tell you...they are a gift from the Lord.

Anonymous said...

phenergan is your phriend!! i will keep on praying. Carrie

jamie said...

sorry sister- praying for you! love you

Kathy said...

I am sorry too, that I had to laugh a couple of times. No fun feeling bad!!!! Lot's of people praying for you, my dear!

Tina Marie said...

I loved my "booty shots" when I had to have them. Nothing like'em no where.

And that drug with a T? That was probably Toradol, another good one. Might have been Tramadol, but I doubt it if they followed it up with morphine.

Keep me posted.

melody said...

Did you know DARE rejected me? They wouldn't let me in.

Hope you're feeling alright today.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I'm thanking God that you have your Texas sisters to take care of you, standing in for your Iowa ones! What sweet sisters you are, Hilary and Melody. I hope to meet you someday, Melody. You've blessed me through Emily many times.

Anonymous said...

Em, I'm praying for you. I saw your mom yesterday. She helped Lisa Hollan and I paint the worship/arts office at Parkview. I know she wishes she was there to help you through all that you're struggling with. I hope that the doctors will be able to help you and that it won't require too many more "booty" shots. Love you, and I hope that you can get back to your normal, cheery self. The world needs more of that Emily Ward joy.

Nixter said...

sorry you have been having such awful headaches - but glad the scans were all clear. yay for morphine!

Haven't stopped by much lately but love the new look blog ;)

Hugs your friend in Oz!