Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Did This Really Happen?

I'm still wondering if this really happened.
This may not be funny at all. So I apologize now, if it's not.
I'm sitting at my desk at work.
My boss heads over to my other boss' office to get on a conference call.
They are getting things situated and they still had the door open and so I can still hear what is going on inside. Not that I'm listening in on what they are talking about but all of a sudden I hear one of them say in a PERFECT Steve Martin voice,
"All I need is this chair...and...this chair"
Then the other one says,
"This thermos is all I need..."
It was classic. I almost fell off of my chair. It was hilarious.
It might have only been hilarious if you know my bosses, or have heard stories. And maybe if you know what movie this quote came from.
Anyone know it!?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Um. Hello.. The Jerk! Great movie. Love Steve Martin. More bosses should be so clever.

John C said...

Yep, the Jerk. You have to see it. Also check out Steve in "LA Story" if you haven't. Just watched it the other night.

Laura said...

I 'm feeling the urge to watch "Mixed Nuts".

Christy said...

I know it and that part is hillarious! I can only imagine how funny it must have been to hear your bosses quoting it!