Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sunday Goodness

I've tried writing this post several times and it seems that my words just don't seem to be coming together right to describe my time on Sunday.

I had the privilege and honor to sing and help lead Austin Stone into worship this last Sunday. I got to sing with Aaron and his band (Jimmie and Bush) along with Aaron from the Justin Cofield Band playing drums, and Mr. Jimmy McNeal doing his thang.
It was truly an amazing Sunday. This was the first time that I've gotten to sing at church since I've moved to Austin, 2 years ago. I absolutely loved it. I loved it because it was completely GOD.
It was God's perfect timing. It was God's perfect purpose and a part of His perfect plan. I look back on how this all came to be and it is completely GOD.
It felt SO good to do what I feel like God has designed in me to do. It filled me up. I didn't want it to end! I didn't realize how much I had missed it until I got home Sunday night and continued to worship by praying and thanking God, looking back over the day and realizing that God was stirring something up in me that had been dry for 2 years.

These guys are true men of God. They all have such beautiful hearts. It was awesome getting to worship with them. It was also fun just hanging out with them in the "green room" between sets and between services. Seriously...they are all HILARIOUS. I laughed A LOT.
Rehearsing with Aaron and Jimmy last week was quite the experience as well. Again...lots of laughing. I'm going to push for their opera voices next time they lead. It was truly amazing.

My heart is still full and I'm so thankful for the opportunity that I had on Sunday with these amazing musicians. I have gotten amazing feedback from people, and I really just can't help but PRAISE THE LORD.
I'm surrendered and humbly on my knees asking for the Lord to show me and lead me to what is next. I find Him telling me this: "MORE of ME"
One of Aaron's songs that we sang on Sunday says this:
"All my security, my destiny what lies ahead is found in You
All my hopes and dreams, all my thoughts unseen, all my wants are found in You
What I dread and fear, all that weighs me down, all my trust is found in You
You're my sustaining breath, all that gives me strength, all life giving is found in You"

I JUST got an email from Aaron asking me to sing again this Sunday!
awesome.
God is good.

4 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

woo hoo!!!!!!! No wait, that wasn't big enough.

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

There that was a little better.

I'm so glad for you Emmy! Finally bringing you back to what God has designed and prepared for you to do! AWESOME!

So excited you get to continue on next week!!! Praying the headaches don't interfere.

Connie said...

YES, LORD, YES, LORD, YES YES, LORD!!!!!!!! AMEN!!!!

Jenna said...

YAY!!!!! I loved reading your post - you WERE designed to sing and praise the Lord :D He loves it! Thanks for sharing your heart!!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister...see you this weekend!