Wednesday, October 15, 2008

D.A.R.E.

This headache stuff has got to stop.
This is what I'm dealing with people...I realize that there are people who are dealing with much more than this and much more serious stuff than this, so that is why I'm going to stop complaining.
I'm going to try and stop complaining. This picture shows all of the different drugs that they have tried me on, along with my "usual" medication. Which is only two bottles out of that.
The rest is pretty much medicine that hasn't worked.
Except for the vicadin and phenergen. :) D.A.R.E. people....D.A.R.E.
I can't really keep taking those. But they are nice. :)
We're also dealing with someone who DOES NOT like to take medicine.
My mom can give you stories. I will not post about it because they do not bring happy memories and there may be some question whether or not human services should have been called.
But anyway the latest medicine that I've tried is this bad boy...Zomig nasal spray.
They were only able to give me 6 doses of it since it is so expensive and my insurance would only cover a portion of it. So I got 6 of these guys. 6 guys for $50. I'm seriously going broke with all of this craziness.
The pharmacist made a big deal about "priming". She kept saying "make sure you "prime" it before you squirt it up your nose to make sure you get the full dose."
So in my headache state that I was in last night I pulled this little guy out, took the cap off and remembered her words of "priming". So I pulled down on it to give it a good "prime" and the entire dose came squirting out...into the air. NO priming necessary.
you've got to be kidding me.
I seriously ran through my head what the chances of being able to actually get any of the medicine in by running around sniffing in the air around me. picture it...and laugh.
Dude! That's 1/6 of $50...(right?...i'm not good at math)...I just waisted on priming when priming was NOT necessary.
D.A.R.E.
Really, I'm not a druggie. Don't turn me in.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Wow. It's really funny...but it's not. Ok, yes it is. I can totally see you trying to sniff that 1/6 of $50 out of the thin air. Hilarious! "Wait a minute...I have to tell you something!"

Laura said...

Ok. Hilarious. Joe was scrolling through your blog, looking at the pictures, and did a jaw drop when he saw 'badboy'. I think he was confused where that 'went', if you will. Don't worry, I explained.

Andrea G. said...

Okay Emily... I am ready to confess... I started reading your blog from Shadley's and since then I have been sercretly reading Francy Girl on a regular basis, but I didn't want to keep it secret anymore! You can read about it at my blog thegkids.blogspot.com I not the only one either :) I just wanted you to know though because I couldn't stand not letting you know that I am praying for you. I can't imagine what the headaches are like and my heart goes out to you. I have been praying for your future along with your nephew too :)

Mrs. Clark said...

Em! I want you to know that Justin and I are praying for you too! I also told my parents about your headaches and my dad wanted to get you into the head neuro guy at the U...um, dad, Emily lives in Texas! :) It was a nice thought, though. Hang in there!

Rachel Bardwell said...

OK, Em. Maybe you need to give yourself a back rub. You give awesome back rubs. I'm sure it would help :)

Jen said...

so i would feel bad if i didn't tell you that if you get too broke you can come over to the east side where i work and make a lot of money selling all the medication that's not working out for you. i'm just sayin'.

Sharon Lobb said...

yal right.