Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ZUMBA!

My life has been forever changed.
I have a new love.
ZUMBA.
My friend Kate invited me to her Zumba class tonight and so I went. I had never been to a Zumba class before, and it sounded fun. What better way to get a workout than to DANCE!
You all know how I love to dance. :)
I just gotta say that I love shakin' my booty. Not gonna lie. Sorry. I'm glad that the class is all girls. It makes it a little less awkward. It is SO much fun!
It is a mix of Latin salsa and meringue, hip hop, reggaeton, Egyptian types of dances. It was such a great workout and it was SO much fun!
I really think deep down, I'm meant to be a dancer.
Here is a video of what it's like! SO much fun!!!!

4 comments:

Carrie Sterner said...

That looks like so much fun! I just don't think all my parts are that limber. Actually I think some of those parts that used to move like that, well they are only good for the first 3.5 decades and then all of a sudden you wake up and those parts simply don't move at all.

Bring out the icy hot and I'd give it a shot though (as long as you'd do it along side of me because regardless of the dance we would laugh enough to burn a zillion calories). Bring it on!

Meghan said...

Okay this cracks me up! The ladies I teach English to introduced me to Zumba about a year and a half ago...and I felt so shady doing Zumba. I just felt like we were all at a club trying to pick up a few men...ha ha! It still makes me laugh thinking about it.
Em, after being your roommate for so long, I am shocked to have never known your love for shaking your booty...I think Austin is making you a little weird:) Love ya!

Laura said...

I'm going to ditto Carrie on the icy hot...I would get lots of excercise running back and forth to the bathroom....All these years I've known you Em (sniff, sniff)...OH, COME ON! YOU'VE BEEN A BOOTY SHAKER SINCE BIRTH!!! I'm just looking forward to trying to dodge your Zumba moves while we're all trying to get dinner on the table. As I watch that video I kinda feel like I have some of those moves inside me, but they're buried. Deep. Very deep. I'm not sure they can come out.

Anonymous said...

when you said you loved your Zumba...I was thinking of the robotic vacuum cleaner I think it's called Roomba, where you just turn it on and walk away. It vacuums while you read a book or something! My cats would hate that.

I think it's great that you are letting your inner dancer out! CarrieB.