Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Weekend of Laughs and Snorts.


Well, It's Sunday night and I knew this time would come to an end.
I'm sitting tonight reflecting on the weekend and am overwhelmed at how good God is.
Hilary and I had two amazing women come and visit us. I don't even know where to start to tell you how much they mean to me and the impact that they have had on my life...and the years that have been added to my life from laughter!
It was such a great weekend of laughing, being challenged, encouraged, loved. They have amazing hearts.

Our weekend started with AJ coming in on Wednesday morning!

I took a long lunch and came and picked her up from the airport and we ended up running late for me to get back to work and so we grabbed sandwiches from the store and ate them in the back of my truck! Welcome to Texas!
Denise was gracious to let us borrow Holland's Dora the Explorer blow up bed! We had fun blowing it up...there were LOTS of laughs...and video...that will NOT be posted!
But here is a couple of pictures!

It even had a blow up headboard!
This is the "Foot Pump" approach...but I preferred the "CPR" approach! (not pictured)

Thursday night we went to the Stephen's kids program at their elementary school! It was GREAT! Connor had a solo and did AWESOME! He has a great voice. Soren didn't have a solo, (because he overacted the part!) but he was definitely entertaining still!!

It was fun! It was about Texas, Cowboys and Indians. Soren was an Indian and Connor was a Cowboy.

Christy was supposed to arrive Thursday night but missed her flight. We can laugh about it now...How can you miss a flight when you are sitting at the gate!?! Ask Mich...she'll tell you!
I LOVE her!
Here we are talking to her on the phone that night, it was an emotional night, as we all just wanted to be together. (notice the phone on the peanut butter)

We encouraged her and loved her and awaited her arrival on Friday instead.
She mentioned that as her dad came back to get her at the airport they were riding home and the song, "Leaving, on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again." Her and her dad looked at each other and just busted out laughing..."But I'm not on that plane!" Hilarious!
So that night AJ and I went to the airport to get her luggage!

We felt a little scandalous getting luggage that wasn't ours.

I'm sure we didn't look suspicious at all!

Hilary was in a race on Saturday night, so we went to cheer her on! She did great!

AJ and Mich (Christy, we call her Mich because her last name is Michnowski which is the coolest last name EVER!)

Our last night together we went to Z Tejas. It is a GREAT restaurant with really good food. AJ found a Rhino and pulled out her bull riding skills!

We closed the place that night! There were lots of laughing, girly talks, serious talks, and even snorts! We were talking and something happened that was really funny and I started laughing and in the middle of my laughter I let out the biggest snort in the world. It was SO funny. It was seriously the biggest snort, I felt it from deep inside and it was so long. We laughed so hard.

Luckily since we closed the place down, there weren't very many people around.

Today we went to church and then went to County Line BBQ. Again, lots of laughter.

I love getting caught up in these girls and not caring about anyone around us! Mich even got up from the table to do a demonstration of AJ "high stepping" through the tall grass when she was about to wipe out on her roller blades! It was the funniest thing!!! I love the goofiness that comes out of us when we are together!

They are precious and I feel like part of me is missing now that they are gone. As Hilary and I drove away from the airport my eyes filled with tears as my heart was already missing them. They bring joy to my life. I am so thankful for Hilary and that we are together here. As Hilary and I prayed for them and as we talked about the blessings of friendship we were drawn more and more to each other and desiring for us to not take our friendship for granted and to really be intentional with each other as friends, as roommates, and as sisters in Christ.
I'm already looking forward to our next weekend together. New York?!?!
There is something about girlfriends that's amazing. When you can come together and laugh until you pee your pants...or snort...when you can eat off of each others plates...share each others clothes...sleep in each others beds...share deep parts of your heart...cry about real things, or cry about silly things...When you can sing Christmas songs as loud as you possibly can and as obnoxiously out of tune as possible...when you can do funny walks and funny dances...and no matter what...they love you.
Hilary...AJ...Mich...Love you girls! "snort"

6 comments:

Angie said...

Aw! What a great time! I love those girls. It sounds like you had a perfect time. When be either crying or laughing the whole time, you know you're doing it right.

Oh - and I've missed a flight while sitting in front of the gate. Yes. It was horrible. I was RIGHT in front of the gate and had no idea. I looked up and the plane was gone. I can't be trusted with domestic air travel. I had to make about 25 calls from a pay phone to the complete strangers who were waiting for me and SOBBED at the customer service lady, who put me on the next flight without charging me the $75 fee she was supposed to.

jamie said...

oh em so much fun! love all you gals- wish i could have been there laughing with you and watching you pee your pants :) oops!

i totally understand that sadness you feel in your heart when friends or family or whoever you love leaves ya- i hate that. it's hard to describe isn't it- but i understand!
love you girl

Meghan said...

Em- Beautifully said. I wish we could live in thsoe moments forever:)

Oh Ange- Only you and Mich would do such a thing. And that's why I love you gals!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

How does the old saying go? "Snorting is good for the soul..." (or something like that!)

davenportdiocese said...

em...what a sweet time you had. did you talk them into getting jobs in austin and livin' there?! i hope you all can get together again soon. love you!

emily said...

Angie-
I know Christy read your comment and busted out laughing. I hope that doesn't happen when I fly back to IA over Christmas!

Jamie-Haven't you seen me pee my pants before!? You don't need to see that again!

Meg-We have lots of those moments don't we?!

Jill-Snorting is definitely good for the soul...the laughing kind of snort that is!

Sharon-We definitely tried to sell them on Austin! We got them thinking about it at least, I don't know if it will happen though. We could seriously get into some trouble if we all lived in the same town!