Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Refine Me

The soundtrack to my life:
Theme song right now is "Refine Me" by J Knapp

"I come into this place
Burning to receive Your peace
I come with my own chains
From wars I've fought for my own selfish gain

You're my God and my Father
I've accepted Your Son
But my soul feels so empty now
What have I become


Lord come with Your fire
Burn my desires refine me
Lord my will has deceived me
Please come and free me refine me

My heart can't see
When I only look at me
My soul can't hear
When I only think of my own fears

But they are gone in a moment
You're forever the same
Why did I look away from You
How can I speak Your name

Lord come with Your fire
Burn my desires refine me
Lord my will has deceived me
Please come and free me
Come rescue this child
For I long to be reconciled to You

It's all I can do
To give my heart and soul to You and pray
And pray oh I will pray

Refine me, refine me
Refine me, refine me"

3 comments:

Nixter said...

something els that is wierd, other than we both looked at possibly the same website with funny facts on, is that I also have posted the lyrics to this song on my blog too, not recently but a few months ago. I absolutely love this song and think that J Knapp rocks.....

Lindsay B said...

I believe that this song speaks so much louder and clearer when you take the time to actually focus on what these words are saying. I came across your blog from my sister's (Kelli Burrier), and reading these words were like looking in the face of God and seeing Him speak to my heart. Thanks for the post, it was sweet timing from the Lord.

emily said...

Lindsay-
Thank you so much for commenting! I'm glad that God gave you a squeeze from this post! I'm so thankful for your sister! She has blessed me so much! I look forward to getting to know you too, through the blog world!!! That's how Kelli and I officially "met"!