Friday, November 10, 2006

Smile

Some things that have made me smile lately:

1. I love that it was 90 degree weather today and that I was using my air conditioning in my truck and it's November 10.

2. It makes me happy when I call to place an office supply order and Steve answers the phone in his Australian accent. He is so nice and always so cheerful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Australian accents! To my new Australian blog friends: if only we could talk on the phone!!!

3. Raul is the guy that delivers the office supplies at work. He is an older guy and is SO sweet! He makes my day when he comes in and says, "Hello Emily! It's good to see you today!" In his little accent.

4. Our apartment is close to a high school football field and on Friday nights they have games. So Thursday night we can hear the marching band practicing and then on Friday night we can hear them again and also the crowd cheering.

5. IKEA is opening up in less than a week.

6. I have started babysitting for my boss and their kids are PRECIOUS! They call me "Miss Emily". Today the 4 year old was in the office with her dad and every once in awhile I could hear her say, "I love you daddy", and he would say, "I love you too sweetie". It was SO cute.

7. I saw an old couple, I mean OLD, walking down the street holding hands. I can't wait to be OLD with my husband, Lord willing, and go for walks holding hands.

8. Hearing stories about my nephews and niece. For instance...Lily shaking her booty to music.

9. The thought of being home for Thanksgiving and being able to hug my family and spoil the kids!!

10. I have officially started up my budget today and I am going to start doing the "Envelope" system. I did that system about a year or so ago so I still had my envelopes from back then that I dug out of my truck. As I was looking through them I found $25!!!!!

11. Getting the mail. Even though I don't get a lot of mail...I enjoy getting the mail and hoping to find a letter or magazine or something addressed to me. Even if it's just my insurance cards, or coupons, or an IKEA CATALOG!! YEAH!

Well, that's what I can think of right now...I'll add more later. I have found that it helps to make these kinds of lists. I had a really bad last couple of days and I had to think about the good stuff instead of letting my mind consume itself with the bad. It really does help!

4 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Bardwell said...

Em, you do realize that you have a tendency to mistake ANY foreign accent as Australian, right?

THE BROWN BOYS said...

The things that make you smile make me smile too!

Nixter said...

I have an English accent with an Aussie twang now. Skype = good to talk, I have chatted to Christine on Skype (I actually got to see her and Mike together as they called me on Skype last week - how cool!), it's free and it rocks. I speak to my family in the Uk on there and they can even see me through my webcam and sis I mention - IT IS FREE ;)