Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm a Three Hole Puncher for the Lord

I get the sense sometimes that I am not doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Does God want me to do office work the rest of my life? Does He want me to three hole punch papers, make copies, make file labels, make coffee, open mail, deliver FedEx's the rest of my life? The same thing over and over again, day after day? Is that really why He has me at my job? I don't think so.
I have to remind myself that my job is not a "Receptionist" to Him. Jesus is in me. I work for Him. He has me there for a reason. It may not be to three hole punch and make copies, but it's probably for something greater than that! I'm trusting in Him for that.
There are things that I think about that I would love to do. But not really sure how to make it happen. Do I wait for the Lord? But how long do I wait? Am I waiting for the wrong thing? Is He giving me something and I just don't see it because I don't want to see it? I've been in this position before. With moving. I needed to just do it, and I am SO glad that I did. Is this another situation that I just need to make a move? I feel as though God is wanting to do something with me that I am not letting Him fully do. But I'm not really sure what that is. Am I not surrendering everything to Him? Am I not close enough to Him to hear Him whisper? Am I not being obedient when I feel Him nudging me?
So I'm feeling a little restless lately. I've been feeling sick the last couple of days too, really run down and yucky.
The last couple of nights I have been falling asleep to bible verses running through my head. It's been great! I haven't been able to sleep well, and have struggled with laying in bed trying to go to sleep but stuff just keeps running through my head. So now when that starts to happen I just start thinking about bible verses that I have memorized and then I quickly fall asleep! I think about God singing over me when I sleep! **Beautiful Feet song--"You are my strength, You are my peace, You're singing over me when I sleep, You are my hope, You are my dreams, You're everything I'll ever need!"

4 comments:

Shadley said...

hang in there em...the Lord is using you!! sometimes i feel like just a wiper of noses, changer of diapers, wih applesauce in my hair and stretch marks...but you know, it doesn't get any better than this...

love you em...you are so loved and God's plan for you is already in motion!

Kelli B said...

this may be a weird question, but as I've been experiencing things lately, this ? runs through my mind:

Should we be content where we are - if we are experiencing a stirring, a knowledge that there's something "more" to life?

Or have we, as christians, convinced ourselves that "this is where God has me" and that it must be okay. I can three-hole-punch for the Lord, or i can work on spreadsheets for the Lord, or I can be a CEO for the Lord...

What are your thoughts?

I've been challenged by this recently...oh i wish we could sit and talk! and read the word, and listen to these cd's i've got. It's shaking the ground i walk on and the way my faith and understandings have been "americanized."

love ya em...just wonder your thoughts.

Rachel Bardwell said...

By the way, that is my favorite song that you sing :)

Anonymous said...

What a great post - and something I have been thinking about. Office job, mundane days that are repetitive, but you have giving me a different way to think about it. Thank-you :)