Thursday, November 09, 2006

IKEA!

It was a good day today when I got the mail. We received a 2007 IKEA catalog! Thanks to the previous renter before us! It got even better...Austin's IKEA is opening up on November 15th!! Now that should make some people want to road trip! I will actually be living in the same city as IKEA. This could be dangerous. Hilary has never been before so we are making it a date next Wednesday night.
If you aren't familiar with IKEA...check it out. It's like a toy store for adults. You know you are getting old when the best part of your day is getting the IKEA catalog in the mail! Furniture, decorations, kitchen utensils, bathroom stuff, bedroom stuff, organizing stuff, AND it's affordable. AND they have a cool escalator for your cart. It's FUN!! I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, I'm so excited!

10 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

I TOTALLY understand your excitement. We own Ikea chairs (Poang), ottoman, side table, bamboo plants, kitchen rack, 2 picture frames, and 4 light fixtures (which I installed myself and felt very proud). We also got Loco a pillow shaped like a mouse! We ate in their restaurant twice (I would stick to the non-restaurant portions of the store myself). Have fun!!

Kelli B said...

oh man awesome!!!!!!

I LOVE IKEA!

It is a weak spot for me. Everytime I go there, we find a million things we want, but probably cant afford! :) They have such amazing stuff for good price - and it's all so useable.

OH MAN! I'm so excited you have one right in Austin! even more incentive to come see you...

Shadley said...

Bardwell is totally off with her restaurant comment. The Swedish meatballs are awesome for you adventuresome eaters. Try them!!! Dan and I go to IKEA just for the lingonberry sauce!! Yummy!

And yes, that does basically seal the deal for a roadtrip!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree on the meatballs...they're good...and that swedish apple dessert cake....and aren't they like $0.99??? No fair, No fair. I want an IKEA for my very own.

emily said...

I drove by it tonight and it was glowing! It was beautiful!

Rachel Bardwell said...

I stand by my restaurant comment. However, I have not tried the delicious-sounding meatballs. I am not a fan of lingonberry anything. I will say that you get what you pay for in the food department there, and the prices are pretty darn low. . .

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Oh, yeah, IKEA rocks!!! I just painted and decorated 10 unfinished wood IKEA mirrors to sell. They turned out pretty darn swell if I do say so myself. The only down side about making an IKEA trip with 5 other ya-ya women and all of their overnight belongs is the lack of cargo room.

Nixter said...

IKEA - ROCKS

Anonymous said...

When we entered IKEA this last time with Gretchen, we saw a huge banner that said, "It's ok to be an IKIA virgin", so tell Hilary!!! mom

Anonymous said...

MOM- you spelled it wrong...
IK-E-A...duh!!!!!