Monday, November 06, 2006

Race For the Cure

The Race for the cure was on Sunday morning. It was a beautiful morning to spend with 22,000 people!
I couldn't believe how many people there were! It was awesome!
They also raised over 1.4 million dollars!
This was my first race...and I walked!
It actually motivated me a little bit and I think I want to really start training to actually run in one.
The timed runners started first and were actually finishing before we had even started the race! That's how many people were there!!

There were about 10 people on the team for Melody.








The other "walkers" I had not met before. We had a great time, walking and sharing our life stories with each other. It was a lot of fun and I have new friends now!! YEAH! We wore these signs on our backs. (and shoulder!!)


There were pink things every - where ... including these guys...





I did not use them, but I heard they were really nice inside...mirrors and everything!




The location of the race was GREAT! They blocked off several streets downtown and so we got to walk the streets. This picture is walking down Congress towards the Capital...you can see it between the buildings. (click the pic for a better view)
It was lots of fun!
You can see more pictures here.

Thank you to all of you who supported this race!
You are great! I'll let you know when I run my first marathon!

Update on Melody: She had her surgery last Wednesday for a double mastectomy. Everything went well. They found no cancer in the left breast, but found more in the right. They were able to clean everything out and they believe that it was successful. She will still start chemo on the 15th. So continue to pray for her. She is feeling great and was at church last night and looks great!

3 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

sounds like an amazing experience. I want to hear more about it sometime when we talk.

hilary said...

the race was amazing! i'm thankful i was able to participate in it...and to run on Melody's behalf!

Em...can you zoom in to picture #2...do think it could be my stolen bike? ha!ha! :-)

emily said...

Hilary-
You are funny! Maybe it is your bike!!