Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Leg Sweep and Laugh.

So last night we had our First Tuesday prayer meeting with Austin Stone.
As we were leaving I decided that Hilary needed a little "Shhh...momma's here". So I grabbed her and was giving her some love, when out of nowhere she pulls out her tae-kwon-do moves.
Yes, miss sweet little Hilary Pepper was in tae-kwon-do. She does some sort of leg sweep and I'm on the ground. No joke. I'm on the ground.
Trying not to pee my pants, I get up and in complete shock say, "Dude. You just took me out! That was awesome!"
She apologized over and over again saying, "I don't know why I did that!"
It was hilarious.
She was an orange belt. Watch out.
I can't imagine what people were thinking as they left the building from being completely inspired by the Holy Spirit, to see this take place.
Maybe I could just say that my motherly instincts were just coming out, a God given instinct. And maybe Hilary could say that she was overtaken by the Spirit and her call to put on the armor of God to fight the battle against the evil one....and she mistakenly...thought...I was the evil one?
Well, anyway...it was hilarious. I enjoy laughing...I do it a lot...most of you know that.
Enjoy life and laugh...even if someone who has an orange belt in tae-kwon-do takes you out.

3 comments:

Carrie Sterner said...

You have taken me back to my college days, loooong ago. You should know that in my house of 4 lovely ladies that I was the undisputed, undefeated wrestling champion. I did not have a belt of any color. I did not need one. I have long legs.

Word of caution, watch how the Spirit moves you or your roommate.

You guys are so funny!

Kelli B said...

okay, that is HILARIOUS! I can picture you gals right now. that is so funny, the timing, circumstances, Hilary's tae-kwan-do moves. dude, FUNNY.

Unknown said...

hahaha... that is hysterical!! i bet you and hilary laugh together all the time. i both picture you girls who smiles on your faces and laughing.. i love it!!