Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Zach and Nox

The other night I pulled out the video from my 21st surprise birthday party. My best friend and roomie at the time Meghan surprised me with this at our apartment.
I laughed and I cried and laughed some more. It was GREAT. I had forgotten about the events that took place that day.
The apartment was packed full of people and we had a pinata in the middle of the room and karaoke.
Some highlights of the karaoke were Dara singing a little Aretha, "RESPECT"
Zach singing a little Boyz II Men, "On Bended Knee"
Chris Zinks and Nox singing a little Backstreet Boys, "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely"
Meghan and Steph singing a little Madonna, "Material Girl"
Chris E. (Todd) and Graham singing a little Madonna as well...."Express Yourself". (for those of you who know Chris...yes...he actually was doing karaoke and we have it on video!!)
Meg and I pulled out the Destiny's Child "Say My Name" SEVERAL times!!
My mom and I did an amazing version of Footloose! beautiful!
It was SO funny...all of it! I think I would get shot if I were to post any video from that!!
BUT...I will post this little video. I had to video it while watching it on the TV, so sorry the quality is not that great. (and the camera jiggles from my laughter! Sorry!)
Anyway...
Zach and Nox who are good friends of mine, who were also in the band with me, went off to the bathroom to do a "Special Treat" for me!!
The first special treat was something that he would always do to me and I HATED it. I STILL do. He does this cat hiss thing that makes me cringe every time. I found myself doing it even though it was on a video and not in my ear like it usually is. Yeah...he would do it right in my ear! ugh!! dork.
2nd special treat was a nice rendition of "Friends" by Michael W. Smith. As a band, we would always break out into this song at random times when we were together. Since it is such a cheesy song...we always made it cheesier. Sometimes, if there was a piano nearby Zach would sit down and we would all gather around and sing "Friends" together! It became quite the joke!! (take note...in the video...Nox has NO clue what the words are!)
3rd special treat "Shhhh, momma's here" This was one of Zach's favorite things to do. I do recall one time when he did this to me, the side of my hair was completely straight from him rubbing it down so hard!! He has even been known to go up to people he has never met and do this!! (remember my cousin Gretchen?! Remember that Gret!?)
Anyway...enjoy. I almost peed my pants.


4 comments:

Vitamin Z said...

Wow. I am so glad that is forever embedded in youtube land for all of the world to see. Great!

Definitely one of my finer moments musically speaking!

Rachel Bardwell said...

A few comments:
1. Are they in your SHOWER??
2. I forgot how we used to whisper the last line of the song! And it's against band law to sing the song without having your arms around the shoulders of the person next to you.
3. Micah is on my lap watching this, and he seemed a little too contented by the song (and their singing). Uh Oh.

Anonymous said...

that's good stuff. Those were the days. It's hard to believe there's 4 babies (is that right??) that have come from those doofus' since then!

Meghan said...

Oh my Emily Ward! I laughed so hard!! I got your message, but I was working. I can't wait to see the whole video. Thanks for posting that, it made me laugh! I am waiting for the one of you and your mom. Or how about the one with Zach singing boyz II men??