Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007-Corpus & "THE RANCH"

This year for Thanksgiving instead of going back to Iowa, Hilary and I both stayed in Texas.
It was hard.
It was the first time I had not been with my family over Thanksgiving and it was definitely a little sad to not be with them.
The parents of our friend Laura, invited us to come down to Corpus Christi to celebrate with them at their house. I had never been to Corpus and it was really fun!
We went with our friend Joe who was visiting from Iowa, and another couple Melissa and Ali. We arrived late Wednesday night and when we drove into town we drove right up to the gulf! It was beautiful even at night! We could see and hear the waves!! It was great!
Thanksgiving day we spent with Laura's extended family of about 35 people.
Here is a picture of Hilary and I having fun with washing dishes... Their house was VERY nice and beautifully decorated. In each room a table was set up and so Hilary and I decided to take a picture in each room...we're dorks...
Coffee break!Cheers!Looking very studious... Prom picture?!These little salt and pepper shakers were really cute!
Yes, I took a picture of the turkey!
Melissa and Ali! So cute!
Joe and Hilary, cheesy smiles!
Something is not right about this picture...hmmm....
Hilary likes to get her groove on...
awww...roommates!
Laura, Hilary and I...I'm not sure what is happening, but it's funny!
We added Melissa into the picture and something is still very funny...still not sure what it is!
GP (grandpa) and Laura. Favorite quotes...
GP: "Let me tell ya a joke..."
Laura: "Oh no...it might be dirty!"
The other one was when he was talking about some painting and he was describing it and said, "She's exotic...even more exotic looking than you..." pointing to me! wow. He was great!Joe and I doing the "word" pose...
A fun little dance in the driveway...
The beach and the ocean!! SO beautiful!
Joe has the best laugh in the entire world!!! And he has a love for Iowa.

Hilary and I were so excited to be on the beach that we decided to do a little dance...or something...HA!!
Yes...we got in! It was actually pretty warm.Get ready....JUMP!
So after our day of Thanksgiving, we went to the Gordon's "ranch"...a hunting ranch. So on our way we stopped and got hunting licenses. I guess you don't need any classes or instructions on how to hunt...you just need a license! So here it is!What more do you need...hunting license...beef stick...12 pack!
We did a lot of "off-roadin"We had to climb and jump the fence and cross the railroad tracks...
Joe didn't quite make it!
This has got to be one of my all time favorite pictures!!! Ha-larious!Hilary is set....carhartt...binoculars...mittens...cute hat.
I'm set...camo...5 layers of coats...ear warmer...work gloves...cute hat.
We're ready to hunt!!They gave me a gun...be scared...very scared...I was practicing my aim, but unfortunately I didn't get to shoot anything.
Hilary saw something!!! (notice the pointed finger in the mitten! classic!)
Joe stayed inside the truck where it was warm...although he claimed to be SO cold!
A Javelina! They are the most disgusting looking thing I have ever seen! A mix between a hog and a rat.
I see something!!! cows! they are there you can't see them...but they are there!Sweet Laura and Hilary...
Border patrol...
More "off-roadin"
We had a sweet bonfire...Back at the home...
This is my new friend...I shot him!!! ok...maybe not.
Wanna cookie?!
One morning we were doing yoga poses...and decided that this was going to be the new yoga pose of 2008...featuring Laura and Hilary...
There were many types of hunting vehicles...this is what we rode on...This vehicle was actually driven from up top!They drilled a hole in the top of the roof and built a contraption so that they could actually steer and drive from up on top!Another cute roomie picture!
We opted to not go hunting the second day and that was when the got 3 deer. bummer. We went to go see them in the freezer...I won't put that picture on here...it's pretty gross...but this is what Ali caught...Laura and her sweet mom!
Some of the hunting crew...can you see them?!I don't know why I always make this face when we do "silly faces".On the way home, the whole backseat was asleep and so Hilary decided to join them!When we got home Joe needed some Arabic food! So we picked up Jake (Jake was kind enough to let Joe be his roommate for the week!) and headed to Sarah's Mediterranean Market. SO good!
Hilary, once again gettin' her groove on...this time with Arabic music!
I managed to get it on video!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aside from Em and the gun, the best part is you "wheezing" in the background of the Arabic dancing video! I love your cheezy wheezy, EM! peps

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Wow. I do not even know where to begin. Could it be that the reason they got 3 deer on the second day was because it was a lot quieter than the first day?!

emily said...

yes...wheezing. lots of wheezing!!
Jill-You are probably right...we actually got several looks from the real hunters inside the truck when we started laughing as we stopped to check out a buck. oops.

elly said...

that is PRICELESS! hilary... you're going straight to SYTYCD!

Anonymous said...

I just keep looking at the picture of you and your gun and that ridiculous look on your face. Definitely Xmas card material. It's just so utterly ridiculous. I don't think I've ever seen anything so ridiculous in my whole entire life. I wonder if the 'real hunters' worry about wearing a cute hat....I also laugh when I think about the possibility of you shooting the neighbor's cow! Hee, hee.

Vitamin Z said...

Uh...I think that is the most pics ever assembled in one blog post. wow.

emily said...

z-you are right! I think it might be a record. It's even a little ridiculous! It did take me a couple of days to get it ready!! of course my bro-in-law joe has already made fun of me for that saying that it took him 10 minutes just to scroll through...and he made a comment about picture 452. dork. :)

~Sarah said...

Hi. I know you don't know me, but I was browsing the interests and found your journal. I hope you don't mind if I add a link to your blog on my blogspot. I mostly write about what I read in my bible and then make posts about it. Ya, fun times lol

Kelli B said...

oh the stories you tell. you guys are great! I love the video of hilary dancing. classic.

love you gals!

CharCof said...

how in the world do you have the patience to post all these pictures...it drives me crazy when i try to do it!!!

emily said...

CHARLOTTE!!!! I didn't know you had a blog!! YAY! This post took a few days to do!! I would do a little and put it down and then come back a different day...do a little and put it down. That's the only way I had the patience to do it! It's a little obnoxious I know!!