Monday, August 18, 2008

Do Not Fear

I just got done reading some sections from a John Piper sermon on Isaiah 41:10.
"You are my servant. I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

I am your God--over you.
I am with you--by your side.
I will strengthen you--from inside of you.
I will help you--all around you from wherever the enemy comes
I will uphold you--from underneath you.

Over you, by you, inside of you, around you, underneath you.
Therefore do not fear.

I call you this morning to stop defining and limiting your future in terms of your past and start defining it in terms of your God.
I call you to recognize that God is greater than your personality. God is greater than your past experiences of timidity. God is greater than your "family of origin". And God calls you to joyful fearlessness.
The crucial factor in your fearless living is not your family but your God.
"Let not your hearts be troubled, BELIEVE IN GOD." Believe in God! Trust God! Let God be your God! Your help. Your strength. He will uphold you with his righteous right hand.

1 comment:

Leah said...

look, em, you really could be a teacher... you've proven that you have what it takes... the ability to access all of JP's resources! haha. no but really, i liked this.