Monday, August 04, 2008

Crazy Love

I am reading the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.
I love this dude.
He has a cool video blog that you can check out.
Check out this little dude who read this book. He's 9 years old. awesome!

Here are a couple of excerpts from the book from what I've read so far...
"I get nervous when I think of how we've missed who we are supposed to be, and sad when I think about how we're missing out on all that God wants for the people He loved enough to die for."

"Why would God create more than 350,000,000,000 galaxies (and this is a conservative estimate) that generations of people never saw or even knew existed? Do you think maybe it was to make us say, "Wow, God is unfathomably big"? Or perhaps God wanted us to see these pictures so that our response would be, "Who do I think I am?"
R.C. Sproul writes, "Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God.""

"There is an epidemic of spiritual amnesia going around, and none of us is immune. No matter how many fascinating details we learn about God's creation, no matter how many pictures we see of His galaxies, and no matter how many sunsets we watch, we still forget.
Most of us know that we are supposed to love and fear God; that we are supposed to read our Bibles and pray so that we can get to know Him better; that we are supposed to worship Him with our lives. But actually living it out is challenging.
It confuses us when loving God is so hard. Shouldn't it be easy to love a God so wonderful? When we love God because we feel we should love Him instead of genuinely loving out of our true selves, we have forgotten who God really is. Our amnesia is flaring up again.
It may sound "un-Christian" to say that on some mornings I don't feel like loving God, or I just forget to. But I do. In our world, where hundreds of things distract us from God, we have to intentionally and consistently remind ourselves of Him."

No comments: